The Learning Commons invites all students to connect with peer tutors, writing assistants, and speech and presentation consultants as an effective learning strategy for greater success in their college courses. Working with our tutors also makes your online learning experience at UP more social. This summer, we offer students the following online tutoring programs in Microsoft Teams:
- Math Resource Center: Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a math tutoring appointment.Provide two or three good days and times to meet.
- Writing Center: We have five writing assistants ready to support UP students during the summer term. Students can send an email request to email@example.com. Please include two to three good days and times to meet.
- Language Studio: Students can access language tutor hotlines at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Natural Sciences Center: Students can request biology, chemistry, and physics tutoring appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speech & Presentation Lab: Students can improve online presentation skills by requesting an appointment at email@example.com.
Students can find strategies for learning online at the college level by clicking here.
The Learning Commons’ virtual tutoring takes place on the Microsoft Teams platform which is available through the University’s Office 365 MyApps at this link.
To support the success of their virtual tutoring appointments student can take the following steps:
- Use a laptop or tablet with a camera and microphone.
- Become familiar with the Office 365 MyApps and search for the Teams app. Go to an introductory video on joining a meeting in Teams at this link.
- If possible, download the Microsoft Teams app on their device.
- Schedule appointments 48 hours in advance, if possible.
All questions regarding the Learning Commons’ virtual tutoring program can be directed to Jeffrey White, Learning Commons, at firstname.lastname@example.org.