- Mondays at 12:1 5pm – Yoga Sculpt with Sammy
- Tuesdays at 5 pm – Conditioning and Flexibility with Cameron
- Wednesdays at 12:15 pm – HIIT with Brie
- Tuursdays at 12:15 pm – Zumba with Megan
- Fridays at 10:15 am – HIIT with Brie
- Sundays at 10:1 5am – HIIT with Brie
The Outdoor Pursuits Program will be resuming equipment rental and bike repair services on July 1, according to Matt Libby, recreational services. Hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All equipment, (excluding climbing equipment) such as tents, sleeping bags, bikes, stoves, kayaks, etc., is available for rent. While the Beauchamp Center remains closed, the pickup/drop off location is behind Beauchamp in the parking lot.Cash not accepted, card payments only. Reservations and pre-payment are available. Call x8748 MWF 10 a.m.-3 p.m. or email Libby at email@example.com.
Women’s tennis graduate Anna Oberg ’20 won in the “College Sports” category of the Northwest Emmy Awards for video production. Oberg’s Emmy marks the 5th consecutive year with a Pilots winner in the college awards.
Oberg’s nominated video coincided with the athletic department’s celebration of National Women in Sports Day this spring. The video is available at this link and features various student-athletes representing a wide array of programs at UP writing a letter to their younger selves. The message portrayed is inspiring and powerful for young female athletes to strive for their dreams. Oberg will return to pursue a graduate degree in the fall while continuing to work for the athletic department’s video team.
For more information contact Jason Brough, athletics, at x3460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreational services will start its virtual fitness summer schedule on Wednesday, May 13, with eight classes offered each week including: Plyometrics, Yoga, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), and Zumba. Join the fitness fun! To join the virtual fitness MS Team, email Kaitlin Bourne at email@example.com.
- 12:15 pm – Yoga Works with Kaitlin
- 5:30 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- No classes on Memorial Day, Monday May 25
- 12:15 pm – HIIT with Brie
- 12:15 pm – Zumba with Brady
- 5:30 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- 12:15 pm – HIIT with Brie
- 9:00 am – Yoga Works with Kaitlin
- 11:15 am – HIIT with Brie
The University of Portland Athletics Department held its annual We Are Portland Awards, which went online this year as the winners were announced each day this week on Twitter and Instagram. The awards celebrate and honor the Pilots’ 16 athletic programs and their student-athletes for accomplishments during the past year.
Each program recognized a Most Inspirational Student-Athlete, as selected by the head coach. Other awards included Male/Female Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year, Community Service Award, Behind the Scenes Award, Male/Female Student-Athlete of the Year, Game/Performance of the Year, and Mr./Ms. Portland. Portland’s Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) solicited nominations for those awards, and the student-athletes voted for the winners.
See below for the complete list of the 2019-20 We Are Portland Award winners.
2019-20 We Are Portland Awards Most Inspirational Student-Athletes:
- Men’s Cross Country: Joe Horen
- Women’s Cross Country: Anna Pataki
- Men’s Soccer: Brian O’Hara
- Women’s Soccer: Anja Koehler
- Volleyball: Shayla Hoeft
- Men’s Basketball: Malcolm Porter
- Women’s Basketball: Kate Andersen
- Men’s Track & Field: George Duggan
- Women’s Track & Field: Stella Gillman
- Baseball: Jake Holcroft
- Beach Volleyball: Alycia Wodke
- Rowing: Marissa Frazzini
- Men’s Tennis: Eleftherios Neos
- Women’s Tennis: Emily Soares
- Male Rookie of the Year: Jake Holcroft, Baseball
- Female Rookie of the Year: Alex Fowler, Women’s Basketball
- Coach of the Year: Michael Meek, Women’s Basketball
- Community Service Award: Women’s Cross Country
- Behind the Scenes Award: Bryant Ferate, Assistant Director of Sports Performance
- Male Student-Athlete of the Year: Caleb Webb and George Duggan, Men’s Cross Country and Track & Field
- Female Student-Athlete of the Year: Alex Fowler, Women’s Basketball
- Mr. Portland: Henry Cheney, Baseball
- Ms. Portland: Kate Andersen, Women’s Basketball
UP Intramural Sports is offering new virtual sports leagues to faculty and staff and their families during the COVID-19 lockdown. The FIFA20 & NBA2K20 leagues are open to players of all ages and offer competition for Playstation and XBOX platforms. We hope to create some fun opportunities for competition between family members within the University of Portland community. There is no charge for the league, which is open to University of Portland faculty, staff, and their families and is open to all ages.
Game match-ups will be scheduled by UP Intramural Sports and players will work out a time to compete within a given time period and then report their scores using the IM Leagues app.
To join the league, participants will need to sign up at imleagues.com before 5 p.m. on Monday, April 20. If no current IM Leagues account, follow these steps:
- Select School/Organization>>>>Scroll to University of Portland
- Enter User’s information
- Under status, choose Faculty/Staff
- Complete form and click “Create Account”
Once approved as a member of imleagues.com, user will log in at imleagues.com and navigate to the University of Portland page. Scroll down to the listed leagues and click on the appropriate Faculty/Staff Family league, either FIFA or NBA2k and the appropriate gaming platform, Playstation or XBOX. If league offerings do not show on the page, click the University of Portland link at the top.
On next page, scroll down to “Captain’s Information” and click on “Create a team.” Fill out the necessary information. Team names should be player’s gamer tag. Players may only enter one platform/division within a league.
Next step is the Liability release. For those over 18 years, read & accept and follow the directions. For those who are under 18, read and accept and fill in Participant’s information, click box for agreeing to terms for child and parent or guardian will need to download the liability release for minors from the Intramural Sports website. Please print, sign and scan or add electronic signature, save, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game opponents of minors may be older or younger than them. Please note the importance of parent/guardian supervision of online activity of minors while participating in this league. Age-appropriate interaction is expected of all participants.
The Beauchamp Center’s Virtual Fitness classes on Microsoft Teams are off to a GREAT start! Over 400 members from our campus community have joined and class sizes are increasing daily. Our fitness instructors are having a blast and hope to see you in class soon!
Rec Services’ Virtual Fitness program serves to help members of our UP community stay active, healthy, and energized. Live classes provide unique opportunities for community engagement as we adapt to the changes and challenges presented by COVID-19. Members are encouraged to join our live classes but also have the option to access workouts on their own time, as classes will be archived in Microsoft Teams.
Each weekday at 12:15 p.m. and either 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., Beauchamp’s fitness instructors will guide students, faculty, and staff through live group workouts. Saturday is a special Weekend Warrior class! All fitness levels and beginners are welcome. Classes include: yoga, plyometrics, Zumba, and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
To become a member of the UP Rec Services Virtual Fitness team, send a quick email request to Kaitlin Bourne at email@example.com.
- Monday: 12:15 pm – Yoga Works with Kaitlin; 5 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Tuesday: 12:15 pm – Sweaty 20 with Kailtin; 6 pm – HIIT with Brie
- Wednesday: 12:15 pm – Beginners Plyometrics Plus with Lauren; 6 pm – Zumba with Brady
- Thursday: 12:15 pm – Beginners HIIT with Brie; 5 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Friday: 12:15 pm – Zumba with Brady
- Saturday: 12 pm – HIIT with Brie
- We are working on adding another Zumba and Yoga class next week!
A few Pro Tips….
- PLUG IN to the internet if possible for best video and audio quality
- Joining a class: Double check that you are joining the class call that was initiated by the instructor. If you join a call and the instructor is not present, end the call immediately. Instructors will initiate calls 15 minutes before the class start time.
- Microphone set-up: Feel free to unmute your microphones before and after class to say hello/goodbye to the instructor and others in the class. Mute your microphones when class starts.
- Camera set-up: To assist the instructor in delivering classes that fulfill members’ needs, it is helpful (and fun) if you keep your camera on. However, this is your choice. By keeping your camera on, you may be recorded in the archived class video. Keeping your camera on indicates your willingness to be recorded.
- Pin the instructor so that the video feed remains on him/her.
- Post hellos and positive comments in the chat box!
UP Recreational Services is now offering virtual fitness classes twice a day in Microsoft Teams! Each weekday at 12:15 p.m. and either 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., Beauchamp’s fitness instructors will guide students, faculty, and staff through live group workouts. Saturday is a special Weekend Warrior class. All fitness levels and beginners welcome. Classes include: yoga, plyometrics, Zumba and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
Rec Services’ virtual fitness program serves to help members of our UP community stay active, healthy, and energized. Live classes provide unique opportunities for community engagement as we adapt to the changes and challenges presented by COVID19. Members are encouraged to join our live classes but also have the option to access workouts on their own time, as classes will be archived in Microsoft Teams.
To become a member of the ‘UP Rec Services Virtual Fitness’ team, send a quick email request to Kaitlin Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does it work? Once on the team, members can adjust their notification settings and select the classes of their interest. Members can also ‘hide’ the classes they are not interest in to reduce notifications.
Each fitness class is listed as a ‘channel’ (organized numerically on the left side of the screen). There, members can view the list of classes and the days/times they stream live. Fitness instructors will begin their class by initiating a ‘call’ within the specific class channel 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
To take a live class, members should enter Microsoft Teams through their UP account apps page, rather than the calendar notification to avoid initiating a new call.
Once in Microsoft Teams, members can join live classes anytime within the class time frame by pressing ‘join.’ At the class start time, instructors will ask members to mute their microphones for recording purposes. Fitness instructors prefer members keep their cameras on so they can see their students but that is the member’s choice.
Classes do not require any fitness specific equipment but a flat, open surface is suggested. At times, instructors may get creative and use household items such as a towel, chair or water bottle.
Members are welcome to post hellos and positive comments in the chat box during class. After class, they are encouraged to un-mute their microphones to chat with the instructor and others in the class.
To take an archived class, members can access recorded classes in Microsoft Teams on their own time by going to the desired class channel and clicking on the ‘Archived Class Video’ section at the top of the page.
- Monday: 12:15 p.m. – Yoga Works with Kaitlin; 5 p.m. – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Tuesday: 12: 15 p.m. – Sweaty 20 with Kailtin (additional posted workouts by Julee) 6 p.m. – HIIT with Brie
- Wednesday: 12:15. p.m. – Beginners Plyometrics Plus with Lauren; 6 p.m. – Zumba with Brady
- Thursday: 12:15 p.m. – Beginners HIIT with Brie; 5 p.m. – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Friday: 12:15 p.m. – Zumba with Brady
- Saturday: 12 p.m. – HIIT with Brie
For additional workout ideas and recreational pursuits, please visit UP’s Recreational Services website at https://www.up.edu/recservices/index.html.
Hope to see you in a class soon!
Following the guidance and direction of government and university officials, the Portland Pilots ticket office will be closed for the foreseeable future. We will still be available to assist you via phone and email. Please also check www.portlandpilots.com for the most up to date information. Mail will still be picked up and processed, although not on a daily basis during this time. Any previously scheduled ticket payment plans will continue to be run. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Please see the options below to contact the Pilots ticket office:
- By E-mail: The fastest way to be in contact with the ticket office is by emailing your individual ticket representative or to email@example.com. Fans are highly encouraged to email your reps first as we will be monitoring our e-mail throughout the day to ensure a quick response. Our staff directory can be found below to access the direct email addresses for our entire staff.
- By Phone: The ticket office main line is 503-943- GoUP (4687). Our team will be working remotely during this time and will make all efforts to return voicemails as soon as possible during normal business hours of 9 am-5 pm. If you would like to reach out to a member of the sales and service staff directly, please do not hesitate to call or email during normal business hours. The initial call may go to voicemail and voicemails will be returned as soon as possible (please be advised that phone calls returned from our cell phones may be from a different area code).
Dave Taylor, Assistant Athletic Director for Tickets | (503) 943-8619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathon Brooks, Director of Sales and Service | (503) 943-7431 or email@example.com
Paolo De Guzman, Senior Sales and Service Consultant | (503) 943-8613 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticket Office Main Line | (503)-943-GoUP (4687) or email@example.com
- By Text: The ticket office main line, (503) 943-GoUP (4687), can also serve as a good number to send a text message. Our ticketing team will be monitoring all text messages during normal business hours and will return any messages we receive.
- In Person: The Pilots ticket office will be closed until further notice. Updates as to the re-opening of the box office will be posted on www.PortlandPilots.com.
For updates regarding University of Portland, please visit www.up.edu/coronavirus. University of Portland athletics hopes that all of our fans, both locally and globally, can remain safe and healthy. We are grateful for the support of our community and we look forward to working through these times together.
Out of an abundance of caution, and in conjunction with state guidelines on public gatherings, the athletics office is closing the Beauchamp Recreation & Wellness Center this morning (Thursday, March 12) until further notice. We will take this time to thoroughly deep clean the building in preparation for reopening at a later date.
For more information please contact athletics at x7117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.