- Mondays at 12:1 5pm – Yoga Sculpt with Sammy
- Tuesdays at 5 pm – Conditioning and Flexibility with Cameron
- Wednesdays at 12:15 pm – HIIT with Brie
- Tuursdays at 12:15 pm – Zumba with Megan
- Fridays at 10:15 am – HIIT with Brie
- Sundays at 10:1 5am – HIIT with Brie
The Beauchamp Center’s Virtual Fitness classes on Microsoft Teams are off to a GREAT start! Over 400 members from our campus community have joined and class sizes are increasing daily. Our fitness instructors are having a blast and hope to see you in class soon!
Rec Services’ Virtual Fitness program serves to help members of our UP community stay active, healthy, and energized. Live classes provide unique opportunities for community engagement as we adapt to the changes and challenges presented by COVID-19. Members are encouraged to join our live classes but also have the option to access workouts on their own time, as classes will be archived in Microsoft Teams.
Each weekday at 12:15 p.m. and either 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., Beauchamp’s fitness instructors will guide students, faculty, and staff through live group workouts. Saturday is a special Weekend Warrior class! All fitness levels and beginners are welcome. Classes include: yoga, plyometrics, Zumba, and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
To become a member of the UP Rec Services Virtual Fitness team, send a quick email request to Kaitlin Bourne at email@example.com.
- Monday: 12:15 pm – Yoga Works with Kaitlin; 5 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Tuesday: 12:15 pm – Sweaty 20 with Kailtin; 6 pm – HIIT with Brie
- Wednesday: 12:15 pm – Beginners Plyometrics Plus with Lauren; 6 pm – Zumba with Brady
- Thursday: 12:15 pm – Beginners HIIT with Brie; 5 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Friday: 12:15 pm – Zumba with Brady
- Saturday: 12 pm – HIIT with Brie
- We are working on adding another Zumba and Yoga class next week!
A few Pro Tips….
- PLUG IN to the internet if possible for best video and audio quality
- Joining a class: Double check that you are joining the class call that was initiated by the instructor. If you join a call and the instructor is not present, end the call immediately. Instructors will initiate calls 15 minutes before the class start time.
- Microphone set-up: Feel free to unmute your microphones before and after class to say hello/goodbye to the instructor and others in the class. Mute your microphones when class starts.
- Camera set-up: To assist the instructor in delivering classes that fulfill members’ needs, it is helpful (and fun) if you keep your camera on. However, this is your choice. By keeping your camera on, you may be recorded in the archived class video. Keeping your camera on indicates your willingness to be recorded.
- Pin the instructor so that the video feed remains on him/her.
- Post hellos and positive comments in the chat box!
Out of an abundance of caution, and in conjunction with state guidelines on public gatherings, the athletics office is closing the Beauchamp Recreation & Wellness Center this morning (Thursday, March 12) until further notice. We will take this time to thoroughly deep clean the building in preparation for reopening at a later date.
For more information please contact athletics at x7117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mondays: Slow Flow Yoga from 12:05pm-12:50pm, Studio 30
- Tuesdays: Pilot Cycle from 6:30am-7:30am, Studio 20; Sweaty 20 from 12:10pm-12:40pm, Studio 30
- Wednesdays: Centering Yoga from 12:05pm-12:50pm, Studio 30
- Thursdays: Pilot Cycle from 6:30am-7:30am, Studio 20; Zumba from 12:05pm-12:50pm, Studio 30
Friday, March 6: Zumba from 12:05pm-12:50pm, Studio 45
The ever-popular Tai Chi class will return in April.
For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at x7294 or email@example.com.
- Monday, March 2 – Friday, March 6: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday, March 8: 10 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Monday, March 2: Pilot Fit from 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m., Studio 30; Slow Flow Yoga from 12:05 p.m.-12:50 p.m., Studio 30
- Tuesday, March 3: Pilot Cycle from 6:45 a.m.-7:30 a.m., Studio 20 (gym will open early to accommodate class); Sweaty 20 from 12:10 p.m.-12:40 p.m., Studio 30
- Wednesday, March 4: Centering Yoga from 12:05 p.m.-12:50 p.m., Studio 30
- Thursday, March 5: Pilot Cycle from 6:45 a.m.-7:30 a.m., Studio 20 (gym will open early to accommodate class); Zumba from 12:05 p.m.-12:50 p.m., Studio 30
Friday, March 6: Zumba from 12:05 p.m.-12:50 p.m.
For more information contact the Beauchamp Center at x7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morning classes, open to students, faculty and staff:
- Tuesdays – Pilot Cycle with Susan from 6:30-7:30 a.m. in Studio 20
- Thursdays – Pilot Cycle with Susan from 6:30-7:30 a.m. in Studio 20
- Mondays – Slow Flow Yoga with Osel and Weight Room Basics with Kayla in the Weight Room (no WR Basics on 3/2)
- Tuesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee
- Wednesdays – Centering Yoga with Karen
- Thursdays – Zumba with Brady
- Fridays – alternating each week with Zumba with Kamryn (3/6 and 3/20) and Rowing with Ryan (3/13 and 3/27).
For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne at x7294 or email@example.com.
There is no better time than now to improve your fitness. The Beauchamp Center is offering even more faculty/staff fitness classes for spring 2020, including Tai Chi and weight room basics.
Lunch-hour classes: These classes are from 12:05 -12:50 p.m., M-F:
- Mondays – Slow Flow Yoga with Osel in Studio 30 and Weight Room Basics with Kayla in the Weight Room (WR Basics starts 1/24)
- Tuesdays- Sweaty 20 with Julee in Studio 30
- Wednesdays- Centering Yoga with Karen in Studio 30
- Thursdays – Zumba with Brady in Studio 45
- Fridays- alternating each week: Rowing with Ryan in Studio 45: Jan. 17 & 31, Feb. 14 & 28, March 13 & 27; Tai Chi with Jim in Studio 30: Jan 24, Feb 7 & 21, March 6 & 20, April 3; Zumba with Kamryn in Studio 45: Feb. 21, March 6 & 20, April 3.
- Tuesdays – Pilot Cycle with Susan from 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m. in Studio 20
- Thursdays – Pilot Cycle with Susan from 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m. in Studio 20
Looking for guidance in the weight room? Kayla is an experienced weightlifter and coach. She is eager to help you develop a weightlifting routine. Weight Room Basics is a course to solidify fundamental weightlifting movements, mainly with the barbell, and build upon these skills each week. In this class, we build the strength and skill sets in the, squat, pull, and pressing movements, and as the class progresses testing these movements to document growth.
Print out this file for a schedule to post at your desk!
The Beauchamp Recreation and Wellness Center will be closed from Wednesday, January 8 until Sunday, January 12 for facility updates, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Faculty and staff fitness classes will resume on Monday, January 13. The schedule will be posted next week.
For more information contact Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, December 17 – Sweaty 20 with Julee
- Wednesday, December 18 – Invigorating Yoga with Kaitlin
- Thursday, December 19 – Slow Flow Yoga with Osel
Finals week will have the following fitness schedule for faculty and staff in the Beauchamp Center:
- Mon., Dec. 8: No classes.
- Tue., Dec. 9: Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:15 p.m., Studio 30
- Wed., Dec. 10: Centering Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Thur., Dec. 11: Rowing with Ryan, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Fri., Dec. 12: Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30.
For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at email@example.com.