- Mondays: Beginning Cardio Kickboxing with Madison, 12:05 to 12:50 p.m., Studio 20. No experience necessary! *Please note, this class will not meet on Monday, Sept. 16.
- Tuesdays: Pilot Cycle with Susan Etzel, 6:30-7:30 a.m., Studio 20. Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:10-12:20 p.m., Studio 30.
- Wednesdays: Centering Yoga with Karen, 12:05 -12:50 p.m., Studio 30.
- Thursdays: Pilot Cycle with Susan, 6:30-7:30 a.m., Studio 20. Noon hour class alternates each week with: Yin Yoga with Osel, 12:05-12:50 p.m., Studio 30; and Rowing with Ryan, 12:05-12:50 p.m., Studio 30. *This week (9/19) is Rowing with Ryan.
- Fridays: Zumba with Brady, 12:05-12:50 p.m., Studio 45.
- Mondays – Kickboxing with Madison – Studio 20
- Tuesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee – Studio 30
- Wednesdays – Centering Yoga with Karen – Studio 30
- Thursdays – alternating Yin Yoga with Osel – Studio 30 (starts 8/29) and Rowing with Ryan – Studio 20 (starts 9/5)
- Fridays – Zumba with Brady – Studio 45
Find out more at https://recservices.up.edu/.
The Beauchamp Center is offering a Faculty/Staff Intro to Weightlifting course this summer from a certified Level 1 USA Olympic Weightlifting instructor, according to Kailin Bourne, recreational services. Classes will be geared towards learning the basics of weightlifting and building general strength. There will be four sessions in June and four sessions in July. All classes will take place on Tuesdays in the Beauchamp weight room from 7:15 to 8:15 a.m., beginning on June 4. Please register at https://recservices.up.edu, as spaces are limited.
Please also check out the new class on our fitness schedule for Summer Session no. 1. All classes are open to faculty and staff. Classes include: yoga, cycling, cardio kickboxing, Zumba and Sweaty 20.
Faculty and staff fitness classes will continue in May on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in Studio 30, according to Kaitlin Bourne:
- Mondays –Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m. (Please bring your yoga mat)
- Wednesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:05 p.m.
- Fridays – Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m.
After Memorial Day, we will expand the schedule. For more information contact Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and staff fitness classes will be available during finals week, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services:
- Monday, April 29: Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Tuesday, April 30: Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Wednesday, May 1: Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Thursday, May 2: Yoga with Kaitlin, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Friday, May 3: Rowing with Ryan, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
Classes will continue into May on the following schedule:
- Mondays: Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m., Studio 3o
- Wednesdays: Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Fridays: Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
The schedule will expand following Memorial Day. For more information contact Bourne at email@example.com.
The Beauchamp Recreation Center will offer fitness classes each weekday over spring break at 12:05 p.m., according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Sweaty 20 with Julee
- Tuesday – Zumba with Brady
- Wednesday – Pilot Cycle with Sam
- Thursday – Yoga with Kaitlin
- Friday – Zumba with Brady
All classes are in Studio 30 with the exception of Pilot Cycle, which is in Studio 20. Please register online at this link. Spring break class offerings are listed at the bottom.
Come enjoy some fitness, friends, and fun next week!
All faculty and staff members are invited to check out fitness classes offered each day during the noon hour at the Beauchamp Center. Classes generally run from 12:05 to 12:50 p.m. in Studio 30. The schedule is as follows:
- Mondays – Centering Yoga with Karen
- Tuesdays – alternating each week – Sweaty 20 with Julee and Pilot Cycle with Becca
- Wednesdays – Zumba with Brady
- Thursdays – Invigorating Yoga with Kaitlin
- Fridays – alternating each week – Rowing with Ryan and Conditioning/Flexibility with Emma
Classes start Monday, January 14. The schedule is also online and faculty and staff can register at this link. For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at x7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty/staff fitness classes begin this week in the Beauchamp Center, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Faculty/staff fitness classes will be offered each day of the week throughout the fall semester during the noon hour. Please check the online schedule for detailed class times and locations.
Please note: There will be no class on Friday, August 24. The full class schedule is as follows:
Monday – Centering Yoga with Karen
Tuesday – Sweaty 20 with Julee and Pilot Cycle with Becca (rotating Sweaty 20 starts 8/21, Cycle starts 8/28)
Wednesday – Invigorating Yoga with Kaitlin
Thursday – Zumba with Brady
Friday – Erg Spin Rowing with Ryan and Conditioning/Flexibility with Emma (rotating Erg Spin starts 8/31, Conditioning starts 9/7)
The Outdoor Pursuits program is offering faculty and staff family climbing sessions in the Beauchamp Center on Saturday, April 21, from 3 to 5 p.m., according to Nathan Hingley, recreational services. The sessions are open to all UP staff and faculty who would like to spend time climbing with their families. All necessary age-appropriate equipment will be provided. Children may be belayed by staff or family members if they have completed the climbing wall orientation and belay check off. Staff and faculty may climb if they have completed the outdoor pursuits climbing wall orientation.
If you have any questions please contact Hingley at email@example.com.
April 9-14 is Power UP Week in Beauchamp, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Power UP is a full week dedicated to increasing health, fitness, and well-being for UP students and staff. The schedule includes:
- Monday, April 9 – Nutrition Guidance with Trailblazers dietitian Michelle Tegenkamp, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the BRWC classroom.
- Tuesday, April 10 – “The Brain and Gut Connection” presentation with Amelia Bryan from 7 -8 p.m. in the BRWC classroom.
- Wednesday, April 11 – Self Defense Class with public safety’s Michael Kranyak, from 8:15 -9:15 p.m. in Studio 30.
- Thursday, April 12 – Yoga/Chakra Meditation Class with nursing’s Pamela Potter from 5:30-6:45 p.m. in Studio 45.
- Friday, April 13 – Friday Night Beau Lights from 6 -9:30 p.m. throughout the gym.
- Saturday, April 14 – “Variation is Key” weight lifting clinic from 1 -2 p.m. in BRWC classroom.
Feel free to join us! Contact Bourne at x7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.