- Tuesdays – Pilot Cycle with Susan from 6:30-7:30 a.m. in Studio 20
- Thursdays – Pilot Cycle with Susan from 6:30-7:30 a.m. in Studio 20
- Fridays – Weight Room Basics with Kayla from 7:15-8:15 a.m. in the Weight Room *Starts 1/24
- Mondays – Slow Flow Yoga with Osel
- Tuesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee
- Wednesdays – Centering Yoga with Karen
- Thursdays – Zumba with Brady
- Fridays – alternating each week with Rowing with Ryan (starts 1/17) and Zumba with Kamryn (starts 1/24).
For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at x7294 or email@example.com.
- Tuesday, December 17 – Sweaty 20 with Julee
- Wednesday, December 18 – Invigorating Yoga with Kaitlin
- Thursday, December 19 – Slow Flow Yoga with Osel
Finals week will have the following fitness schedule for faculty and staff in the Beauchamp Center:
- Mon., Dec. 8: No classes.
- Tue., Dec. 9: Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:15 p.m., Studio 30
- Wed., Dec. 10: Centering Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Thur., Dec. 11: Rowing with Ryan, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30
- Fri., Dec. 12: Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m., Studio 30.
For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Beauchamp Center and recreational services will offer students a unique self defense class on Sunday, November 24, from 4:30 to 6 p.m., in Studio 20. Students will learn awareness and boundary setting, verbal assertiveness, bystander intervention, and physical self defense strategies for both stranger and acquaintance situations. This course is designed to build students’ confidence in protecting and defending themselves. It will be a transformational class they don’t want to miss.
The Beauchamp Center will be open on the following schedule for fall break, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services:
- Friday, October 11: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, October 12 & 13: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Monday, October 14: 7 a.m. – 9 a.m., and 3:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. (Closed mid-day for UP Professional Development Day)
- Tuesday, October 15 – Friday, October 18: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 19: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, October 20: 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Fall Break Fitness Schedule: All classes are open to students, faculty and staff.
- Monday: no classes
- Tuesday: Pilot Cycle, 6:30–7:30 a.m., Studio 20. Sweaty 20, 12:15 –12:45 p.m., Studio 30
- Wednesday: Yoga, 12:05 –12:55 p.m., Studio 30
- Thursday: Pilot Cycle, 6:30 –7:30 a.m., Studio 20. Rowing, 12:05–12:50 p.m.
- Friday: Zumba, 12:05–12:55 p.m., Studio 30
All are welcome to check out the Beauchamp Center’s special yoga offerings coming up in July and August, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services:
- Upa Yoga Workshop: Tuesday, July 23, 12:05 to 12:50 p.m., in Studio 20. This session offers simple and powerful yoga postures that generate stability and balance, as well as energy and vitality within the body. Session will utilize a trained instructor and an informational video. No physical agility or prior yoga experience is necessary. Please wear comfortable clothing to accommodate gentle physical movement. Benefits include relieving physical stress and tiredness, strengthening the joints and muscles, and rejuvenation after periods of inactivity. Session will be conducted by Naveen Gudigantala, business, and a trained facilitator.
- Overnight Coastal Camping and Yoga at Cape Lookout State Park: Saturday and Sunday, August 10-11. This short and sweet getaway is designed to be a faculty/staff community builder centered around stress-free camping, refreshing ocean breezes, yoga practice and theory, and good people. It features overnight camping at Cape Lookout State Park, morning yoga on the beach, Dosha quizzes, body scan meditations, and a strong focus on mental and physical wellness. The trip will be led by an OPP trip leader and (if we get enough participants registered before August) our skillful Centering Yoga instructor, Karen Mertens. Food, transportation, and camping gear are all included in the $45 cost. There will be a pre-trip meeting time on Friday, August 9 at 5 p.m. Please note: This is a faculty/staff only trip with the opportunity to bring a partner/spouse. The goal is to help you feel recharged and ready to tackle the next academic year. All you have to do is show up! We will take care of the rest.
The Beauchamp Center is offering a variety of fitness classes for Summer Session II, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Faculty/Staff Weightlifting on Tuesday mornings at 7:15 a.m. and Kickboxing on Thursdays at 12:05 p.m. have been a big hit. This week, Weightlifting will take place on Tuesday but there will not be a Kickboxing class on Thursday, as the Beauchamp Center is closed on the 4th of July.
See the newly updated Fitness Schedule for Summer 2019-v3.
For more information contact Bourne at email@example.com.
The Beauchamp Center is offering a Faculty/Staff Intro to Weightlifting course this summer from a certified Level 1 USA Olympic Weightlifting instructor, according to Kailin Bourne, recreational services. Classes will be geared towards learning the basics of weightlifting and building general strength. There will be four sessions in June and four sessions in July. All classes will take place on Tuesdays in the Beauchamp weight room from 7:15 to 8:15 a.m., beginning on June 4. Please register at https://recservices.up.edu, as spaces are limited.
Please also check out the new class on our fitness schedule for Summer Session no. 1. All classes are open to faculty and staff. Classes include: yoga, cycling, cardio kickboxing, Zumba and Sweaty 20.
Faculty and staff fitness classes will continue in May on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in Studio 30, according to Kaitlin Bourne:
- Mondays –Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m. (Please bring your yoga mat)
- Wednesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:05 p.m.
- Fridays – Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m.
After Memorial Day, we will expand the schedule. For more information contact Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org.