The University of Portland invites nominations for the 2019 commencement speakers, Christus Magister Medal recipient, and honorary degree recipients. All nominations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and should contain the following information:
- Name of nominee.
- A paragraph or two answering the following question(s):
- If a nominee for Christus Magister Medal: How has this nominee evinced a vigorous spiritual life and an accomplished professional career in service to others? How has this nominee been a source of inspiration and consolation to the world? How has this nominee illustrated and enhanced the mission of the University of Portland?
- If a nominee for Honorary Degree: How has this nominee contributed to the University’s values of teaching and learning, faith and formation, and service and leadership? What impact has this person had on his/her local community and/or the world? Is this a person that the University would like for its students and faculty to imitate in their own lives?
- If a nominee for Commencement Speaker: Why would this nominee be an exceptional Commencement speaker? What sort of message would this nominee deliver to the graduates of the University and their families?
- Any contact name(s) for the nominee (if possible).
- Any connection between the nominee and the University of Portland (if applicable).
The deadline for nominations is Friday, October 26.