The College of Arts and Sciences Humanities Collaborative invites you to participate in a lively lunch-time discussion about topics relevant for the humanities and interdisciplinary connections to the humanities. Please RSVP to Laura McLary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each lunch is limited to the first 12 participants who reply. All members of the UP community are welcome. This initiative is supported by College of Arts and Sciences dean Herbert Medina.
- Oct. 30: Discussion led by Anne Santiago and Nina Henrichs-Tarasenko, article “The Coddling of the American Mind” (Atlantic Monthly), Teske Dining Room, noon-1:30pm
- November 30: Discussion led by Gregory Pulver, “Creativity vs. innovation in the arts and sciences,” place and time TBA
- January 23: Discussion led by Allie Hill, “The neo-liberal academ,” place and time TBA
- March 12: Discussion led by Lora Looney, “Teaching for understanding,” place and time TBA
- April 10: Discussion led by Cheri Buck-Perry and Josh Swidzinski, topic, place, time TBA.