All Together, A Record of Uncertain Times
The current pandemic has challenged communities, including our own, to respond to a global crisis. The Clark Library would like to collect and celebrate creative works that reflect the ways in which the University community is engaging with these uncertain times. What is the “new normal”? How has isolation changed our work, play, and social interactions? We invite diverse voices to submit works that show how our lived experience has changed, and continues to change. We will select works to display as a digital collection about our community’s experience, and submitted works will be added to the University Archives as a record of this historic event. Submissions should be original works and may include:
- High resolution* photographs or images of drawings, paintings, etc.
- Short films (10 minutes maximum) and audio works.
- Written works such as poetry, essays, or fiction.
- Works from University of Portland students, faculty, staff, and alumni will be accepted.
- Submissions will be accepted until October 16, 2020.
*Contact José Velazco, Digital Lab Coordinator, email@example.com, for questions or Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations.