Staff awards for 2017 were presented at the annual employees’ holiday banquet on Monday, December 18. The winners:
- Carol Bruce won the Margaret W. Henzi Award for outstanding office/clerical employees, and was cited as “a valued member of our community, a treasured and loyal friend, a source of support and counsel, and an extraordinary ambassador for this University which she has so faithfully served.”
- Peng “Mona” Wang won the Ted Deiss/Joyce and Virgil Dodson Outstanding Physical Plant Employee Award: “Among the University’s large team of dedicated custodial professionals, each of whom makes her or his own important contributions to our collective success, she has distinguished herself as one who is particularly loyal and dependable.”
- The winner of the Hooyboer Outstanding Professional Staff Award: Allen Hansen, who joined the University of Portland in 2008 as a mechanical technician and now serves as technician supervisor in the Shiley School of Engineering. The Hooyboer Award honors the sort of dedication and commitment that drives and infuses the University’s best and most creative and visionary staffers.
- Winning the Father Charles Miltner, C.S.C., Award: Sharon Hogan of the development team, who “works creatively and intentionally to ensure that donors are able to contribute to the University in ways that are deeply meaningful to them, while internally serving as a faithful champion of those donors’ personal passions and legacies.” Beginning with the late Fr. John Hooyboer, C.S.C., the first recipient, the award has been presented to diligent and creative men and women who have gone to sometimes extraordinary lengths to further the mission of the University. It is the highest employee honor bestowed by the University.
- Adam Guggenheim, Anna Lageson-Kerns, Jose Nevarez, James Vega, Jose Velaszco, and Sam Williams were presented with the President’s Team Award “for their boundless energy and creativity in capturing and communicating the stories and settings that ideally portray the unique and special nature of the University and its community.”
- The groundskeeping crew was presented with the President’s Team Award “for their outstanding, tireless work in enhancing and maintaining the University’s beautiful campus.”
- Cross country head coach Rob Conner received a President’s Citation for his years of dedicated service and phenomenal success in both regional and national NCAA cross country competition.
See photos from the luncheon at this link.
For more information contact human resources at 8987 or email@example.com.