The Provost’s office is pleased to announce recipients of the Spring 2018 Provost’s Initiative for Undergraduate Research awards. These faculty members have been selected to collaborate with and mentor an undergraduate on a co-designed research experience during the 2018 spring semester:
- Ruth Dittrich, Economics: “Salmon recovery efforts in the Willamette River Basin. Will they withstand climate change?” with Clay Bozeman
- Andrew Downs, Psychological Sciences: “The Relationship Between Different Types of Stressors and Mental Health Symptoms in College Students” with Paige Reohr & Kimberly Hubbard
- Laura Dyer, Biology: “Evaluation of shear stress in the developing coronary arteries” with Kate Carpenter, Cole Malibiran, & Allegra VanderWilde
- Louisa Egan Brad, Psychological Sciences: “Power, Privilege, and Defensiveness in Light of Psychology and Sociology” with Terese Foster
- Christy Ivler, Mechanical Engineering: “System Identification Methods for a Hexacopter Unmanned Aerial System” with James Martin & Elizabeth Rowe
- Laurie McLary, German Studies: “Second-Language Pedagogy in German Applied to a Course Revision to Include More Diverse Perspectives” with Emma Scheve
- Jeff Meiser, Political Science: “Strategic Theory is Neither Strategic nor A Theory” with Sitara Nath
- Martin Monto, Sociology: “The True Cost of College: Student Loan Debt and its Relationship to Depression, Anxiety, and Academic Performance” with Lauren Jones
- Laura Mood, Nursing: “Enhancing educational capacity at Tipitaka Eye Hospital in rural Myanmar” with Henry Liang & Kaitlin Yap
- Josh Swidzinski, English: “Abraham Cowley’s Pindarique Odes: A Digital Critical Edition” with Caroline Holyoak
- Buck Taylor, Chemistry: “Computational Modeling of Olefin Metathesis Catalysts” with Sarah Zalucha, Christopher Elkhal, & Mitchell Law.
A reminder to faculty: applications for Summer 2018 Provost’s Initiative for Undergraduate Research awards are available now in the Undergraduate Research section here. Application for Summer 2018 are due February 28, 2018, at noon.