The Beauchamp Center’s Virtual Fitness classes on Microsoft Teams are off to a GREAT start! Over 400 members from our campus community have joined and class sizes are increasing daily. Our fitness instructors are having a blast and hope to see you in class soon!
Rec Services’ Virtual Fitness program serves to help members of our UP community stay active, healthy, and energized. Live classes provide unique opportunities for community engagement as we adapt to the changes and challenges presented by COVID-19. Members are encouraged to join our live classes but also have the option to access workouts on their own time, as classes will be archived in Microsoft Teams.
Each weekday at 12:15 p.m. and either 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., Beauchamp’s fitness instructors will guide students, faculty, and staff through live group workouts. Saturday is a special Weekend Warrior class! All fitness levels and beginners are welcome. Classes include: yoga, plyometrics, Zumba, and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
To become a member of the UP Rec Services Virtual Fitness team, send a quick email request to Kaitlin Bourne at email@example.com.
- Monday: 12:15 pm – Yoga Works with Kaitlin; 5 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Tuesday: 12:15 pm – Sweaty 20 with Kailtin; 6 pm – HIIT with Brie
- Wednesday: 12:15 pm – Beginners Plyometrics Plus with Lauren; 6 pm – Zumba with Brady
- Thursday: 12:15 pm – Beginners HIIT with Brie; 5 pm – Plyometrics Plus with Lauren
- Friday: 12:15 pm – Zumba with Brady
- Saturday: 12 pm – HIIT with Brie
- We are working on adding another Zumba and Yoga class next week!
A few Pro Tips….
- PLUG IN to the internet if possible for best video and audio quality
- Joining a class: Double check that you are joining the class call that was initiated by the instructor. If you join a call and the instructor is not present, end the call immediately. Instructors will initiate calls 15 minutes before the class start time.
- Microphone set-up: Feel free to unmute your microphones before and after class to say hello/goodbye to the instructor and others in the class. Mute your microphones when class starts.
- Camera set-up: To assist the instructor in delivering classes that fulfill members’ needs, it is helpful (and fun) if you keep your camera on. However, this is your choice. By keeping your camera on, you may be recorded in the archived class video. Keeping your camera on indicates your willingness to be recorded.
- Pin the instructor so that the video feed remains on him/her.
- Post hellos and positive comments in the chat box!