The Committee on Teaching and Scholarship (TAS) has determined the award recipients of the 2012-2013 Butine Faculty Development Fund spring cycle, according to committee chair Aziz Inan, engineering. Due to the large number of proposals received and the limited amount of funds available, the committee was unable to fund all qualified proposals. In addition to considering the goals and the quality of each proposal received, the TAS committee had to use other factors in their decisions, including the applicant’s academic rank, frequency of Butine awards received, and distribution of funds among different schools and disciplines. This spring’s Butine Award recipients are:
- Genevieve Brassard, English: 15th Annual Space Between and Modernist Studies Association (MSA) Conferences, $1,100
- Hannah Callender, math: Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Biology, $1,291
- Richard Christen, education: International Standing Conference for History of Education (ISCHE) Annual Meeting, $830
- Alexandra Hill, German: The 9th Annual Symposium of the Centre for International Language Studies (CILS), $225
- Jim Jurinski, business: Pacific Northwest Academic of Legal Studies in Business (PNALSB) Annual Conference, $250
- Bohn Lattin, communication studies: Northwest Communication Conference, $860
- Valerie Peterson, mathematics: 47th Spring Topology and Dynamics Conference, $490
- Craig Swinyard, mathematics: Special Interest Group of the Mathematical Association of America-Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education (SIGMAA-RUME) Annual National Conference, $770
- Jacqueline Waggoner, education: American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) and Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE) Conferences, $1,500
- Blair Woodard, history: Intimate Enemies: U.S. and Cuban Visual Diplomacy, $1,180.
For more information, contact Inan at 7429 or email@example.com.