Post-Grad Service Day is coming up on Wednesday, October 23, and the Moreau Center for Service and Justice invites faculty and staff to join them in promoting a year of service. There are three ways to get involved and help support the event:
- Host a class visit: If you teach on Wednesday, please consider allowing 5-10 minutes at the beginning of class to have a representative from a post-grad service organization (see list below) speak to your students about the benefits of participating in a year (or more) of service after graduation. The reps are interested in speaking to students from a wide range of academic fields, especially those who might not initially consider a year of service. If interested and willing, please contact Sophie Charles (email@example.com) with your class name(s), meeting time(s), and location.
- Wear a button: If you participated in post-grad service, please consider wearing an “Ask me about my post-grad service!” button to help generate conversation about the benefits of post-grad service on October 23. If you would like to wear a button, contact Sophie (firstname.lastname@example.org), and one will be delivered to you.
- Join us for our annual Post-Grad Service Dinner and panel discussion that evening from 5:30-7 p.m., on the quiet side of the Commons. You’ll have the chance to can share informally with interested students about your experiences, as well as connect with colleagues who’ve participated in post-grad service. If you are able to join us that evening, please RSVP on Engage by October 16.
Representatives from the following organizations will be on campus on October 23
- Colorado Vincentian Volunteers
- Ethos Music Center
- Food Corps
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC)
- JVC Northwest
- Maggie’s Place
- Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos USA
- Peace Corps
- St. Joseph Worker Program
- Volunteers in Development, Education, and Solidarity (VIDES)
If you have questions, please reach out to Sophie Charles, x7235 or email@example.com.