The Garaventa Center has announced winners of its annual High School Essay Contest. The theme this year was “The Playlist of My Life.” Congratulations to the winners:
- Kaitee Steiert, St. Mary’s Academy, Portland
- Sage Taylor, Jesuit High School, Portland
Congratulations as well to those receiving honorable mentions:
- Grace Hermes, St. Mary’s Academy, Portland
- Hanna Lilly, St. Mary’s Academy, Portland
- Sarah Zepeda, Tri-Cities Prep HS, Pasco, Wash.
All are welcome to attend the awards ceremony and accompanying lecture “Love and Mercy in the Maelstrom: Images of Family in Modern Cinema,” on Tuesday, April 12, 2016, at 3 p.m., in Franz Hall Room 120. Podcasts of the two winning essays will be posted on the Garaventa Center website by April 20 at sites.up.edu/garaventa.