The Presidential Advisory Committee on Sustainability (PACOS) will welcome the Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) to campus for a Bike Commute Workshop on Thursday, November 20, from noon to 1 p.m., in Buckley Center room 163. All UP community members are welcome to attend. This is a brown bag event, so please feel free to bring and eat your lunch during the workshop. Topics covered at the workshop will include:
- Basics of riding: laws, traffic signals and signs, how to handle bike lanes, bike boxes, tracks, and sidewalks
- Skills: hand signals, turning, sharing the lane, and changing lanes
- Choosing gear: bikes, helmets, lights, locks, accessories, cold and rain gear, carrying kids and cargo
- Route planning: resources and taking bicycles on transit
- Q&A: answers to questions from new or experienced riders.