The Provost’s office is pleased to announce recipients of the Spring 2017 Provost’s Initiative on Undergraduate Research awards. These faculty members have been selected to collaborate with and mentor an undergraduate on a co-designed research experience during the 2017 spring semester:
- Janet Banks, Nursing: “Clinical learning environments manuscript experience” with Cara FitzGerald and Andrea Hernandez-Garibay
- Saikat Chakrabarti, Computer Science: “Investigating cyber-security attacks using a customized honeypot” with Christian Rodriguez
- Laurie Dizney, Biology: “A quantitative analysis of the changing role of Diversity in the American Society of Mammalogists” with Jessie Karr
- Maria Echenique, Spanish: “Literary Translation Theory and Practice” with Amanda Munro, Ellen O’dell, and McKenna Vorderstrasse
- Alice Gates, Social Work: “Community-based research for Paid Family and Medical Leave” with Emma Martínez, Nicole Panowicz, and Catherine Adam
- Mead Hunter, Theater: “Playing God: Prehistoric Evidence of Divine Impersonation” with Adele Kennedy
- Deana Julka, Psychological Sciences: “Examining Diversity and Identity Formation on Campus” with Kyle Dela Cruz
- Cara Poor, Civil Engineering: “The role of mycelium in bioretention systems: long term studies of nutrient retention in mycelium-inoculated mesocosms” with Jenna Kube
- Max Schlosshauer, Physics: “Studying Quantum Decoherence With Single Photons” with Mathew Coleman, Efrain Venegas Ramirez, and Alex York
- Amber Vermeesch, Nursing: “Health Disparities in Vulnerable Populations Manuscript Experience: Exercise, Cultural Communication, and the Use of Multi-methods in Health Disparities research” with Jessica Bautista, Kelsey Malone, Laura McDonagh, Kayla Parolari, and Kaitlyn Piantoni.
A reminder to faculty: applications for Summer 2017 Provost’s Initiative on Undergraduate Research awards will be due in February. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.