Public safety director Gerald Gregg and physical plant director André Hutchinson have asked campus personnel to keep a few tips in mind to improve overall campus security:
- Master keys should be kept inside a locked office or secure area and should never be taken home or removed from campus.
- University issued building keys should be kept on a generic key ring without any attachments identifying a UP connection.
- UP ID cards should never be clipped or attached to key rings.
- University issued building keys should never be swapped or transferred among faculty or staff, even within the same department.
- All keys are issued to specific individuals; any changes/transfers should be coordinated through the locksmith shop.
For more information contact public safety at 7161.