Did you know that it’s simple and easy to create media-rich, engaging and informative content in Moodle anywhere that you can type using the text editor? If you are currently using Moodle to deliver documents or other learning materials to your students, imagine the context and depth you can add by sharing your expertise and perspectives right there on the page along alongside your links and documents.
Learning to utilize this simple tool will open a world of possibility when creating content in your courses in support of blended or hybrid learning.
- Improve accessibility and readability by using headings and bullet lists
- Enrich your writing with graphics and images
- Bold or italicize to reinforce key terms
- Highlight critical information
- Personalize or connote meaning with colorful fonts (example: Red: action to take, Blue: factoid to remember)
- Use a label to embed an introduction video or narrated syllabus overview
These are just some ideas to get you started thinking. The most powerful feature of the Moodle text editor isn’t on the toolbar – it’s you, the educator, and your ideas!
Check out the video for a two-minute visual showcasing some ideas: