The Society of Women Engineers is a non-profit education service organization with the following mission:
- Stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders,
- Expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and
- Demonstrate the value of diversity.
The objectives of the society are:
- To inform young women and their parents, counselors, and the general public of the qualifications and achievements of women engineers and the opportunities open to them;
- To assist women engineers in readying themselves for a return to active work after temporary retirement;
- To serve as a center of information on women in engineering;
- To encourage women engineers to attain high levels of education and professional achievement.