32nd Annual UP SWE Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair
|What:||32nd Annual SWE Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair|
|When:||Friday, February 23rd 2018 from 1:00 – 4:00 PM|
|Where:|| Bauccio Commons
University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd.
Portland, OR 97203
More information about the Career Fair will be posted here as we get closer to the date of the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information about applying for a spot at the event.
About the Career Fair
For the past thirty two years, the student chapter of the Society of Women Engineers at the University of Portland has hosted the engineering and computer science career fair for current students and alumni. Recruiters have an opportunity to meet students and alumni with engineering and computer science majors including mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, engineering management, and computer science.
The SWE Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair provides employers with the opportunity to:
- Recruit employees from among the finest engineering undergraduates in Oregon
- Meet highly qualified and enthusiastic candidates for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities
- Select potential candidates for interviews
Employers who attended in previous years were very pleased with the fair:
- “Lots of good, diverse candidates with the experience we are looking for.”
- “The students at the University of Portland are always very well prepared for the career fair. They are a pleasure to talk to as they can speak to their interests and knowledge of various industries.”
- “Well prepared, organized, the hosts were very polite and friendly. The students who applied were prepared and motivated!”
- “We met a lot of great candidates. We were very impressed with the quality of students we spoke to. Also, we thought the length of the fair was perfect and the setup was nice.”
- “The students were well prepared, asked excellent questions, and were focused on what they wanted to do.”
- “I think the UP SWE chapter hosts a great event! I’ve been attending the event for 6 years and the new venue was a nice change of pace. All attending UP students, whether seeking internships or full time employment, are always well prepared and engaging.”
- “I was impressed by the professionalism of the students we met and by how prepared they were to talk with us.”
About the University of Portland
The University of Portland is a private Catholic university located in Portland, Oregon with a student body of 3,654 undergraduates and 469 graduate students.
Science, engineering, and other technical majors receive an education rooted in rigorous scientific and technical courses. As a result, students are well-rounded, analytical problem solvers with excellent communication and reasoning skills.
About the Shiley School of Engineering:
The Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering prepares innovative professionals with the technical excellence, social integrity, environmental consciousness, and leadership traits essential to identify and solve the world’s problems. [May 2013]
To provide the best possible education to its students, thus enabling the students to become competent practicing engineers and computer scientists. The programs also provide a base for both graduate study and lifelong learning in support of evolving career objectives. These objectives include being informed, effective, and responsible participants in the engineering profession and society. The School endeavors to develop qualities that are essential for the practice of engineering and beneficial service to the community. These qualities include a knowledge of engineering principles, the ability to apply those principles to solve problems, and the development of professional, personal, and social values.
The School of Engineering offers Bachelor of Science degrees in civil engineering (B.S.C.E.), electrical engineering (B.S.E.E.), and mechanical engineering (B.S.M.E.). These programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The School of Engineering offers a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science (B.S.C.S.). This program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Directions and Logistics
Parking on the day of the event is free. Please see the map for parking lots which are located right next to the Chiles Center.