The company list will be updated periodically with more companies and the majors they’re interested in. Employers, please contact email@example.com to receive information and to be added to the employer registration list.
Steps to accessing the List of 2020 SWE employers:
- Login to your handshake account with this LINK.
- Then copy and paste http://bit.ly/2020SWE into your address bar and go!
(Last updated on 2/17/2020)
About the Career Fair
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) at the University of Portland, the Shiley School of Engineering, and the UP Career Center invite you to the 2020 SWE STEM Career Fair! This Career Fair gives companies the chance to connect with UP alumni and students, primarily those majoring in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and biomedical engineering (graduate) as well as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pre-health professions, mathematics, physics, environmental science, and operations & technology management will be encouraged to attend.
Friday, February 21, 2020 from 1:30-4:30PM
|Address:||University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd.
Portland, OR 97203
The SWE STEM Career Fair provides employers with the opportunity to:
- Recruit employees from among the finest STEM undergraduates in Oregon
- Meet highly qualified and enthusiastic candidates for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities
- Select potential candidates for interviews
Employers who attended in previous years were very pleased with the fair:
- “Lots of good, diverse candidates with the experience we are looking for.”
- “The students at the University of Portland are always very well prepared for the career fair. They are a pleasure to talk to as they can speak to their interests and knowledge of various industries.”
- “Well prepared, organized, the hosts were very polite and friendly. The students who applied were prepared and motivated!”
- “We met a lot of great candidates. We were very impressed with the quality of students we spoke to. Also, we thought the length of the fair was perfect and the setup was nice.”
- “The students were well prepared, asked excellent questions, and focused on what they wanted to do.”
- “I think the UP SWE chapter hosts a great event! I’ve been attending the event for 6 years and the new venue was a nice change of pace. All attending UP students, whether seeking internships or full-time employment, are always well prepared and engaging.”
- “I was impressed by the professionalism of the students we met and by how prepared they were to talk with us.”
About the University of Portland
The University of Portland is a private Catholic university located in Portland, Oregon with a student body of 3,757 undergraduates and 478 graduate students.
Science, engineering, and other technical majors receive an education rooted in rigorous scientific and technical courses. As a result, students are well-rounded, analytical problem solvers with excellent communication and reasoning skills.
About the Shiley School of Engineering:
The Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering prepares innovative professionals with the technical excellence, social integrity, environmental consciousness, and leadership traits essential to identify and solve the world’s problems. [May 2013]
To provide the best possible education to its students, thus enabling the students to become competent practicing engineers and computer scientists. The programs also provide a base for both graduate study and lifelong learning in support of evolving career objectives. These objectives include being informed, effective, and responsible participants in the engineering profession and society. The School endeavors to develop qualities that are essential for the practice of engineering and beneficial service to the community. These qualities include knowledge of engineering principles, the ability to apply those principles to solve problems, and the development of professional, personal, and social values.
The School of Engineering offers Bachelor of Science degrees in civil engineering (B.S.C.E.), electrical engineering (B.S.E.E.), and mechanical engineering (B.S.M.E.). These programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The School of Engineering offers a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science (B.S.C.S.). This program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Directions and Logistics
Parking on the day of the event is free. Please see the map for parking lots which are located right next to the Chiles Center and down by the river at Franz (River) Campus Parking. A shuttle service will be available for the Franz (River) Campus Parking.