0

Web Technology Training at UP

Introduction:

Hi everybody! I’m Ben Mysliwiec, the UP Web Team’s “Technical Trainer.” An important part of my role at UP is to help train people on how to maintain their web content and take better advantage of the University’s software solutions. Wondering how I can assist you? Read on!

Training Services:

I provide training sessions and ongoing troubleshooting support on the following applications:

• Cascade: How we maintain web content that lives on up.edu.
  • PilotsUP: How we maintain web content that is just for individuals within the UP campus community at pilots.up.edu.
  • Dynamic Forms: A handy tool for converting physical forms, fillable pdfs, or a messy email chain process into a web form with an automated workflow.
  • Microsoft Forms: A great tool for straightforward surveys and data collection.
  • Qualtrics: A great tool for complex surveys and data collection.

In addition to introductory training sessions, I am also happy to have a consultation with you where we could discuss how your web content could be reworked or refreshed, what tool is right for your use case, or how a recurring process within your department could be converted into a Dynamic Form.

Contact Information:

Feel free to reach out to me at mysliwie@up.edu for assistance or training needs.

Tips on Accessing These Applications:

Cascade: To have Cascade appear in your Myapps, email the Help Desk at help@up.edu. To gain editing access to specific sites reach out to me at mysliwie@up.edu. Note: before gaining editing access you must go through a training session with me. If you are requesting access to a site, please make sure you first have approval from whomever is ultimately responsible for that site. If you are not sure who is responsible for a certain site, I can help you determine who is.

PilotsUP: Generally, anyone who can edit content on a specific PilotsUP site can give others access to edit that site. So, you can ask someone in your department with access for the ability to edit, or you can reach out to me and I can set you up.

Dynamic Forms: For the ability to create or edit Dynamic Forms, reach out to me to schedule a training. If you would like the ability to view and administer an existing form, then you can also reach out to me and I can give you access.

Microsoft Forms: There are no additional steps required to access Microsoft Forms, it can be accessed via myapps.up.edu.

Qualtrics: Email the Help Desk at help@up.edu. Note: when you first access Qualtrics through Myapps, select “I do not already have an account.” Training is not required, but if you would like help getting acclimated to Qualtrics I would be happy to schedule a time with you. Qualtrics also has an amazing library of support material that is open to everyone and can be found here.

mysliwie

Ben Mysliwiec is currently the Technical Trainer on the University of Portland Web Team. He came to UP in 2022 after teaching middle and high school Mathematics and Humanities.