By: Molly Dinsmore

This band of boys brought Surf Rock to the Pacific Northwest this week. Through the 60° weather and a bit of rain, Sun Room brought all the light and warmth that Portland was craving. They immediately got down to business (each wearing a quite sophisticated blazer), showing us their professional dedication to their sport. Throughout the concert there were countless smiles and glances between members, showing us that they were incredible performers and with remarkable chemistry. Towards the end of their performance, the concertgoers formed a mosh pit, from the look on the front man’s face, this made their night. After the mini mosh pit, there was still some head banging and rock and roll shenanigans happening, exactly as it should be. I like to think that this was the first concert I’ve ever gone to that brought back the energy and aura of a legit rock and roll concert. Not only did it remind me that I needed to purchase earplugs, I had the time of my life bopping my head and watching the band members crush their performance. The band had a very sophisticated vibe to them, besides the blazers, killing the performance in a fun yet experienced way. They had their in-between song conversation planned out and knew exactly what to say to make the crowd howl. Their song “Sol De Sur” about their hometown, San Diego, was easily the smash hit of the night along with their song “Kaden’s Van” about their tour photographer’s car. This concert was perfect for all ages, those looking for the classic rock and roll feeling and those looking for an introduction to surf rock and that sort of scene. As a fellow Californian, I could tell their passion for the Golden State reigns strong. I’d recommend this concert to everybody I know and I can’t wait to see them on their next tour.