This week in #uptechtips I want to focus on a few new tools available to UP faculty through Office 365. The theme you will find with these tools is that they are easy, simple and designed to work online and on mobile devices. First up is Forms. You will find this tool by logging in to Office 365 and clicking the “App Launcher” or as I call it, “The Waffle”.

the office 365 web site with the app launcher expanded, showing how to find the forms tool
Accessing Forms in Office 365

Forms is a super-easy tool to create a quick survey, check-in, or even a pop-quiz. Creating forms is a snap and and you can share your form by email, with a link, by embedding onto a website (EG a Moodle course or a WordPress blog), or even with a QR code if you want to distribute with a a handout or flyer. Recipients can answer via the web on any computer or mobile device (the tool scales really well to work on phones and tablets). You can view individual or aggregate responses and even export the data to Excel with one click.

If you’ve RSVPed to a workshop or training that I’ve done lately, you’ve already seen Forms in action. It’s been a great tool for me as a trainer and I can see a lot of value for faculty to take advantage of.

UP Tech Tip: Introducing Office Forms

Instructional technology consultant Jonathon Wylie has a great blog post that will get you up and running with Forms in just a few minutes. I’d recommend heading over to Jonathon’s blog and checking it out!

Introduction to Forms

One thought on “UP Tech Tip: Introducing Office Forms (New to Office 365 1/2)