Personally I have extremely mixed feelings about the library. Sometimes my experience is pleasant and sometimes it is most certainly not.

Positive feedback:
-Maximized space and seating
-Easy to follow layout
-Most employees are extremely helpful at finding useful information
-There is a distinct study environment

Constructive Criticism:
-Library needs to be 24 hours. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve tried to go to the library on the weekends after I get off work and am turned away because they are just closing. There should be a time slot for all types of studiers, even if we have to key in with our ID cards.
-Mini bar. Having something like the basement of Franz coffee bar would allow for students to grab a snack and a break without losing their place in study or their place in general. People tend to swoop in to steal your table the second you stand up.
-Study rooms. The way we go about requesting study rooms is very inefficient. People request study rooms every single day for months very rarely are they consistent about showing up. I think placing a limit on how far out you can book a room will help with this. I also think the limit for the amount of consecutive hours should be shortened during dead week and finals week. Study rooms need to be shared and divided amongst the student body as best as they can.
-Temperature. Sometimes the library is just too hot and the study rooms should be individually adjustable.

Now as far as things go the library is a solid environment and the majority of the conflict that people have can be self resolved. For example; if the library is too loud for you, go downstairs to the quiet floor and either find a study room or head for a corner. If that is still too loud for you, walk to another building and find an empty classroom. Empty classrooms can be used to study in. Franz is extremely quiet as is Buckley Center. There are multiple alternatives to increase your study potential.

Finally, if you’re not planning to study and you’re going to watch Netflix, a couch or your dorm room is a much better fit. No one wants to see Vampire Diaries over your shoulder or hear about the Black Jack game you have going on your computer. Be respectful.