Dr. Lizong Hao

What are you teaching?

I usually teach BUS 210 Managerial Accounting (Fall) and BUS 312 Cost Accounting (Spring)

Why should students take your class?

Accounting in general is the backbone of business in its way to track a company’s financial health and stability. As a course, accounting lays the valuable groundwork for skills and knowledge that can be applied to variable industries beyond financial recording and reporting; it is a dynamic field driven by analytics and analytical interpretations. Managerial accounting is the type of accounting that provides information for internal reporting. It helps managers to figure out how much a product or service costs; it covers various decision-making topics like planning and controls, budgeting, variance analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, break even etc.

What are fun things you like to do?

Besides teaching, I like hiking a lot. I really enjoy the beautiful sceneries in all seasons around Pacific Northwest. During weekend when weather is nice, I would go out with my family to explore different hiking trails in local areas. I also like gardening and yard work. From Spring to Fall, I enjoy growing various vegetables, flowers, fruit trees in my backyard. Watching the plants grow is a lot of fun.

Contact: Dr. Lizong Hao