The University of Portland Beacon featured PSOB’s 2020 Women in Business Showcase prior to the event on March 11th, 2020. The event took place at the Portland Art Museum and featured a panel of C-suite women. Read more now.
Professor Mark Meckler and Professor Sam Holloway were featured in the University of Portland student newspaper, the Beacon on April 2, 2020. Meckler and Holloway discussed their online venture, Crafting a Strategy. Crafting a Strategy was founded in 2014 and, according to Holloway, had advised 400 individual members from 250 different breweries and 19 countries to date. Read more now.
- Financial Analyst: Provide business analysis research and recommendations to an operating group on topics like pricing, capital investment, make vs. buy, product ROI cost reduction and expense controls.
- Vendor Management: Manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, expanding product selection, set pricing point, developing marketing programs, and driving sales and margin improvements.
- Recruiting Manager: Spearhead recruiting efforts.
- Developer/Director: Involved in site acquisitions, market/program planning, leasing, property management/operations, architecture/engineering management, cost planning and control, capital raise of equity/debt, project timing/scheduling, and working with community/local governments for approval zoning and certificate of occupancy.
- Principal Consultant: Digital Strategy Consultant on high-risk enterprise software upgrade.
- Finance Manager: Responsible for the financial health of company by producing reports, investment activities, and strategies for long-term goals.
- Divisional Sales Manager: Leads a wholesaling team of regional directors dedicated to sales achievement, career development, and industry leadership.
- Senior Finance Manager: Manages the financial performance and delivery of profit and loss for assigned area. Supports the monthly business reviews, forecasting, budgeting processes, strategic business planning, board presentations, and improving the profitability of the product portfolio.
- Regional Finance Controller: Coordinates all financial reporting functions for assigned geographic zone.
- Senior Accountant: Perform accurate and timely month, quarter, and year-end close, maintain general ledger structure, consolidate and track monthly revenue.
- Head of Strategy: Lead teams to provide internal consulting, project management, consumer research, marketplace development across a matrix organization through cross-functional collaboration.
- Associate Director: Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Finance Director: Financial consultant for global functions senior management team by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making.
- CFO: Track cash flow, financial planning, analyzing the company’s financial strengths and weaknesses and propose corrective actions.
- General Manager of Finance: Provide financial controls ensuring benchmark finance functional performance to achieve targeted profitability in each of the business units.
- Finance Director: Responsible for finance, treasury, accounting, IT, and internal control areas.
- Account Executive: Responsible for client servicing and acquisition.
- Finance Manager: Responsibilities include structuring, negotiation and origination of new loans for a diversified top tier real estate developer.
- Vice President Customer Success Operations: Drive customer success through maintenance of cloud services and recurring license renewal functions.
- Vice President Product Innovation: Define the strategy and set the roadmap for how company attracts, acquires and retains customers via applications.
- Audit & Assurance Manager: Perform audits of financial statements in accordance with Generally-Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) to ensure compliance with Generally-Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Senior Accounting Consultant: Offering assistance to resolve issues affecting the customer.
- Executive Director: Supervises accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, and setting financial targets.
- Senior Director: Oversee demand planning to reduce excess stock and improve inventory mix while providing insight to executive team to insure delivery of annual financial plan.
- Vice President for Commercial Cards and Payable: Oversee volume of $500,000,000 annually driven by over 100 Commercial Bankers and Treasury Management Officers.
- Executive Vice President: Oversee the Sales and Marketing Departments.
- Fractional & Interim CFO / Senior Finance & Accounting Consultant: Corporate financial management leadership, reporting analysis to assist external and internal users, budgeting, forecasting, treasury management, and maintaining banking relationships.
- Regional Director: Provide a wide range of business services to multi and single-specialty medical practices with a focus on ear, nose and throat.
- Director of Finance: Plan and monitor the monthly accounting cycle and inter-company transactions between related parties. Oversee the preparation of the monthly financial statement package, including analysis for management to use in decision-making.
- Senior Manager of Pricing & Value Management: Create the process that will transform how we think about price in building architectures of products.
- Marketing Finance Business Analyst: Primary financial support to a product marketing team ensuring alignment to seasonal/annual financial guidance, create and maintain self-service analytics tools for user-bases viewing existing data in new ways, uncovering and presenting process flaws and new data insights through dynamic visual storytelling.
- ERP Consultant: Developed a strategic plan for implementation of the ERP system solution in all areas of business.
- Project Manager of Finance Transformation: Lead an initiative which includes the creation of a project management system and related processes that will help finance and accounting teams better manage and capitalize construction projects.
- Senior Business Analyst: Lead global design team.
- Loan Origination: Provide short to intermediate-term debt on the full spectrum of cashflow for commercial real estate including affordable housing, senior housing and storage.
- Financial Planner: Provide clients with a clear understanding of how to work towards their goals through independent and objective advice, customized investment strategies, and financial planning.
Professor Brian Adams was interviewed for a segment of Marketplace, titled “The State of the Two-Week Notice Rule,” which aired on February 11, 2020, on WNYC FM radio. He was also quoted in an article, “Fed Chair Flags Corporate Bond Risk,” in Advisor News on February 11, 2020.
Professor Sam Holloway was interviewed by Brews News for a feature, “Beer is A Conversation: Sam Holloway.” Holloway shared insights on business strategies for craft brewers. Listen to the podcast episode here.
The University of Portland’s Pamplin School of Business will host the Women in Business Showcase on March 11, 2020 at the Portland Art Museum. Presented by Cambia Health Solutions and the Bauccio Lecture Series, the event returns for the second time after its debut last year. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from C-Executive female professionals and learn how they achieved success.
Katherine Phillips Durham, Board Director and Former CMO and P&L Executive (The Standard and HP Inc.), will serve as emcee and moderator for the event. The following professional women will participate in the panel:
- Lena Wittler, CEO Clark Public Utilities
- Janet Campbell, Vice President/Chief of Staff, Cambia Health Solutions
- Anne Weaver, CEO Elephants Delicatessen
- Anna Maria Ponzi, President Ponzi Vineyards
The showcase will include a question-and-answer session with the panelists and a pre-event networking reception with hors d’oeuvres and wine. There will be a display of various women-owned businesses exhibiting onsite.
“We are thrilled to once again offer the Women in Business Showcase to the Portland business community,” said Robin Anderson, Dean of the Pamplin School of Business. “We are proud of the diversity among our faculty, staff and alumni and this is a great way to come together with other business leaders. We are proud of the work they do, and we wanted to offer a forum to highlight women successes. We look forward to bringing together professionals of all levels at this event.”
The Pamplin School offers the Showcase under education series – offerings for the public that spotlight business topics and trends and provide networking opportunities. These events are part of their Professional Development for Executives (PDE) program that also includes a Mentor Match-Up opportunity for graduate students and Learning Labs (free workshops for the public).
General Admission tickets for the Women in Business Showcase are $35 are available for purchase on Eventbrite.
For more information, please contact Lilia Grundy at firstname.lastname@example.org.