Andrea Rennie, Director of HR & Operations at The Partners Group

What are you doing now? (As alumna of the UP Pamplin MBA Nonprofit program)

I am currently working for The Partners Group as Director of HR & Operations. I work in TPG’s Bellevue Office and our company is based in Portland. My role in HR and Operations is a perfect blend of my skill set and areas of passion to help and support the people, facilities and systems that keep a high-functioning organization humming.

TPG’s mission is to give back to and make a difference in our communities which we do through corporate philanthropy, paid volunteer days and investing in our employees.

Learn more! https://www.thepartnersgroup.com/community-involvement/  

Andrea and The Partners Group team

Being able to work for a firm that so strongly values community service has enabled me to pivot to the for-profit sector without losing touch with my roots and education in not-for-profit work. Photo: TPG Staff spent a morning in December ‘21 volunteering at Salvation Army Toy and Joy at Lumen Field in Seattle.

Why did you choose UP Pamplin for your MBA?

UP’s Nonprofit MBA program came at the perfect time and place in my life for Graduate School. I had planned to pursue an MBA since graduating from WSU and was considering schools across the country.

To find the UP Nonprofit MBA program in my backyard that allowed me to continue full time employment (I was then working at All Classical Portland) was extremely exciting and I jumped at the chance to apply.

I was in the first cohort of the Nonprofit MBA program and am very proud to have been included in that incredible group of professionals. The program’s cohort model and blend of coursework incorporating traditional business classes with Nonprofit strategy, challenges and real-world applications was invaluable to me.

Any advice for someone considering graduation education?

Do it! Obtaining an advanced degree will benefit you as well as the organizations you will lead.

Life-long learners are best able to lead change, tackle the unknown and use their tools and education to help others. Invest in yourself and your passion.