What are you doing now?

I am currently a Senior Manager at Intel Flex, Intel’s enterprise-wide internal consulting unit. In this role, I lead an international team of senior-level consultants specializing in process improvement, UX design, change management, innovation, project management, and executive leadership coaching. Beyond the technical and consulting aspects of my role, I also have the opportunity to tackle challenges related to developing and executing our organization’s strategy, organizational design, growth plan, and marketing strategy—areas I never imagined diving into as a scientist and engineer a decade ago.

This year, I was both honored and humbled to be selected as the Co-Chair of the Women at Intel Network (WIN) Global Board. As the first man to hold this position at Intel, I take my responsibilities seriously—championing our vision of a workplace where all women thrive not just as an aspiration but as a driving force that creates broader opportunities for everyone at Intel, fostering innovation and pushing our business and technological leadership forward.

In my perspective, in the hypercompetitive semiconductor industry Intel’s success hinges on inclusive leadership, where the contributions of our incredible women technologists, leaders, and change agents at all levels are a business imperative and critical for our success.

Both roles are incredibly rewarding, allowing me to blend my technical and business skills and align my work with my core values.

At home, life is equally dynamic. I’m a recently remarried and a full-time partner with my wife Janelle in raising our blended family of four children. It’s never dull, and surprisingly, a few of my management skills from UP have proven handy here too!

Why did you select UP Pamplin for your MBA?

UP Pamplin really stood out to me for several key reasons. The faculty’s dedication to blending teaching with their business experience meant that the program was designed to tackle real-world applications. It offered not just theoretical lessons but also practical, hands-on experiences designed to navigate today’s business challenges both innovatively and pragmatically. It was also clear to me that the program was designed for busy professionals – its flexibility and westside campus were especially appealing as they accommodated my busy schedule as an ambitious professional and a dedicated father. And for anyone who’s experienced it firsthand, Graduate Programs Director Melissa McCarthy’s warm welcome and compelling sales pitch, set against the backdrop of such an incredibly beautiful campus, may have clinched my decision during my informational visit.

Any advice for someone considering an MBA?

As Andy Grove – the iconic CEO of the company where I’ve built my own career – once  said, “Your career is your business, and you are its CEO.”

For those contemplating an MBA, my advice is to really approach this journey with intentionality, viewing it as a key component of your overarching career strategy. Reflect on your values, career objectives, passions, and external market forces and dynamics.

Your choice of MBA program should not only align with but also accelerate your overall career strategy and execution.

The value of your MBA should also extend beyond being another degree on your resume. It’s about the connections you make, the perspectives you gain, finding new opportunities, and learning how to tackle complex, real-world challenges alongside your professors and fellow students.

Coming from a deep technical background, I discovered that my MBA experience equipped me to become a more well-rounded systems thinker, enabling me to leverage both my technical background and the business skills I acquired from UP to deliver more robust and holistic solutions that add real value to my organization and company.

When choosing an MBA program, seek one that aligns with your personal and professional aspirations and offers ample opportunities for growth. Fully embrace the journey—engage actively with peers and professors, explore courses beyond your immediate specialty, and remain open to the new paths and opportunities that will undoubtedly emerge along the way.

Connect

Find me on LinkedIn to stay connected: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenremsen/