What are you doing now?

I’m an Employee Benefits Consultant at The Partners Group headquartered here in Portland, OR. I help executives of mid-sized companies (100+ employees) provide better, more cost-effective benefits packages to their teams.

Generally, that means my team and I guide companies in “self-funding” their healthcare insurance to optimize costs which allows them to offer more creative, valuable, and equitable benefits to employees while increasing the profitability of their company.

We work with businesses that span just about every industry sector and who are proactively focused on reducing their healthcare spend, improving their employee experience, and want to partner with an employee-owned, independent firm that has its roots in the Pacific NW.

When I’m not in the office, you’ll find me spending time with my wife, Morgan, and two young daughters, Scout (2 ½) and Poppy (6 months). I also enjoy golfing, skiing, exercising, and the hunt for rare bourbon.

Why did you choose UP Pamplin?

Fortunately, I had an opportunity to play collegiate baseball and selected UP to attend. I was unsure what, exactly, I wanted to study in college although knew it would be in the business field. I immediately found the value in UP’s business school through the expertise of the professors, small class sizes, collaborative environment, and connection to the local community.

I enjoyed and benefitted from the diversity of business subjects and rigor of the coursework. In contrast to a few experiences I had sitting in on other public school lecture halls, the intimate environment and personal connection that students have with professors at UP really prepares you to be accountable.

You recently joined the Dean’s Advisory Board – what are your goals there?

I saw a LinkedIn post highlighting Julie Stillwell’s position as the board chair of the Dean’s Advisory Committee and immediately felt that would be an excellent opportunity to stay involved with the University, build my professional network, and help contribute to improving the business school experience for future students.

I’ve always felt that UP doesn’t get the recognition it deserves in the Pacific NW as an outstanding academic institution and notable Division I athletics program – and I want to help change that!

I hope to bring value to the group through my own experience as a student athlete and now professional in the community working with business leaders. I want to see UP continue to excel and foster relationships among the students and alumni for decades to come.

I think there’s tremendous value in the shared connection of being a Pamplin School graduate and am excited to support that in whatever way I can.

Connect

To connect with Chad, please email – ckjemhus@tpgrp.com