Ali Hussain (MBA ’20), Nike Senior Manager Consumer Global Planner

Alumni Spotlight Q&A

What do you do for work?

Nike as a Senior Consumer planner for NBA

Why did you choose UP Pamplin for your graduate program?

I chose the MBA Program at UP for 2 reasons. First, they were able to waive the GMAT requirement due to my working experience & the program had a lot of great direct contact within developing industries in the Portland Metro area.

How does your MBA help you with your career?

Learning the tools in finance, quant, & guest speakers really opened up my mind on thinking about businesses holistically. I been applying that in all my roles. I focus on thinking about how everything is connected.

Advice for someone considering a graduate program or certificate?

Advice I can share, try to apply the things you learn in the MBA program in your job & life ASAP. You get so much exposure to great topics, it’s important to try and apply to them by testing and learning what idea may or may not be a fit for whatever you are doing.

Ali with his family

About Ali Hussain

Meet Ali Hussain – Senior Consumer Planner at Nike. Ali earned his MBA from the University of Portland’s Pamplin School of Business (2020) and serves on the business school’s International Diversity Advisory (IDA) Board.  Skilled in data analysis, project management, organizational development, and risk management – Ali has worked in various industries and across firms including Kroger and Berkshire Hathaway-Duracell.