Name, Dj Name, Major, Show Name: Brandon “Smithy” Smith, Mechanical Engineering, The Other Side

Explain your show: It’s a show that’s all about the music. After years of listening to and studying music, I have very carefully constructed a library full of the best music of all time. Each week I don’t give the people what they want, I give them what they need.

Explain your show name: “The Other Side” refers to a magical place where viewers can be at peace while listening to good tunes. The name derives from the song Break On Through (To The Other Side) by The Doors.

What kind of music do you play: Classic rock, alternative, metal and electronic. Each weeks’ show has a theme for the music

Favorite thing about KDUP: Being able to share my music with the world/people of UP

Best concert of all time: Iron Maiden in April 2016

Best album of all time: I can’t just pick one, so: Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin; Discovery by Daft Punk; Ecliptica by Sonata Arctica.

Who shot John F. Kennedy: With all the complications of book depositories and grassy knolls it’s hard to tell It’s possible that, in a sense, we all shot JFK.