So last week you read about how to schedule a Career Center appointment online using Handshake. “That’s great! Super convenient,” you thought to yourself.
But then you wondered, “I don’t really need my resume reviewed right now. What else can I talk to the Career Center about?”
Well, good thing you asked.
Whether it’s you first time coming in, or your fourteenth, we can help you along your career development journey—wherever you are along the way!
- Applying to Graduate/Professional School – Is grad school right for me? What does the process look like? We’ll give you an overview of the research/application process.
- Career Center Walk and Talk – Have a career question but don’t want to be stuck in an office? Take a walk around campus with one of our staff and talk through your questions.
- Career Counseling – Sometimes career transitions happen, and our Career Counselor will work with you as you navigate through career uncertainty and change
- Career Exploration – Are you feeling unsure about the direction you’re heading? No problem! Our Career Counselor will help you explore other options.
- Choosing/Changing Major – Need help deciding a major? Think you might want to change? We’ll provide the tools to help you find a major that’s the right fit for you.
- Cover Letter Review – Want to make sure your cover letter is in tip-top shape? We can review it with you and give feedback!
- Graduate/Professional School Personal Statement – Once you have written several drafts or your Personal Statement, we’ll give you a fresh set of eyes to go over content.
- Handshake Utilization – Learn how to use this tool as a job and internship-finding resource!
- Internship Search – Considering an internship but don’t know where to start? We’ll help you explore resources to find one that’s the right fit for you.
- Interview Preparation – Learn how to prepare for an interview, common questions and what strategies will lead to successful interview answers.
- Job Search – Whether you’re just starting your job search or looking for new tactics to add to your job search toolkit, we can help you along in the process!
- LinkedIn – We provide you new ways to tell your story on LinkedIn or reach out to others— regardless of whether you have a blank profile or have it completely filled out!
- Mock Interview (Practice interview)
- Negotiating a Job Offer – Have an offer on the table but you don’t know if its the best one? Want to prepare for the salary discussion? We’ll help.
- Networking – We’ll demystify what networking is, how it works and provide you tools to make it more approachable!
- O*Net Debrief – If you’ve taken the O*Net, we can review your results with you.
- Resume Review – Want to make sure your resume will land you the interview? We can review it with you and give feedback!
We look forward to meeting and working with you! Schedule an appointment today!