All full time faculty are eligible to participate in the Academic Technology Roundtable.
Process: Successful applicants will be required to participate for one year in the UP Academic Technology Roundtable by attending monthly gatherings, contributing timely project updates, and writing an occasional blog post/podcast guest spot for the Tech Talk website.
Possible Projects: (a few sample ideas)
- Developing online graduate courses or certificate courses
- Developing rigorous, dynamic hybrid courses
- Integrating web 2.0 tools such as infographics and storytelling in course assignments
- Integrating technology to promote collaboration between students
- Developing and publishing curriculum-based content through media and the internet
- Using technology to approach an academic discipline through critical thinking (reading, writing and discussing) using interactive tools
- Using technology for testing, evaluation or performance assessment through online tools such as testing software, question banks and e-portfolios.
Applications should include
- Project title with brief abstract (not to exceed 100 words)
- Context/Introduction: This section should briefly describe the curriculum, the instructional context and current modes/strategies for instruction.
- Project Description: The section should include the goals and objectives for the project. How will instruction change as a result of the wise integration of technology? What are the anticipated outcomes for learning
- Research: What is the central question that is driving this project? How will you gather and analyze student achievement data? (case studies, surveys, interviews, testing/assessment data, observation etc.)
- Budget: Please include an estimated budget for the project, not to exceed $2,000. The funds can be used to purchase digital content or resources, to participate in online communities and networks, to purchase software or peripheral devices, or to support the use of mobile technologies. Funds can not be used for travel or to pay the ATR participant.
Apply Now !
- Update: We have awarded all of the available spots for the 2015/16 academic year. Please check again at the end of this academic year for the next call for proposals.