With the beginning of the spring 2020 semester, the public safety office asks that faculty, staff, and students keep the following safety precautions in mind, according to marketing and communications vice president Michael Lewellen:
- Be mindful of your surroundings and report any unusual or suspicious activity to public safety.
- Carry your student, staff or faculty ID card with you at all times.
- As always, all residence halls are ID card accessible 24 hours a day.
As part of UP’s safety protocols, please note the following access information for other campus buildings:
- Academic buildings will have open access from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with ID card access only from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- The Chiles Center will have open access from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Beauchamp Recreation & Wellness Center is ID card access only.
- Doors to Waldschmidt Hall will have ID card access during the business day (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for all students, faculty, and staff. Visitors and guests will enter through the main entrance where a building concierge can provide assistance as needed.
- The Clark Library will have open access from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with ID card access from 5 p.m. until 2 a.m. for late-evening study.
- On weekends, academic and office buildings will be ID card access only from 7 a.m. to midnight.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact public safety at x4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.