On Friday, February 24, Virtual EMS will receive an update and will be offline from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. At that time, Virtual EMS will be renamed EMS Web App. Please update any links used to access the EMS Web App to calendar.up.edu/reservations.
The functionality will remain the same, but users will see a fresh new look to pages within the new EMS Web App. Please note a few new policies:
- You no longer need to order 6’ tables for catering. Bon Appetit will order tables as needed (based on your catering order).
- When making your EMS Reservation, please enter the actual start and end time of the event. If you require extra time before the start of your event for setup or extra time after your event for breakdown, please enter this at the end of your reservation request. There will be a question that asks, “Do you require setup or breakdown time?” For example, if you have a lecture from 7 – 8 p.m., and you would like the room starting at 6:30 p.m. for setup, please enter 30 minutes in the question box.
- If your event requires specific setup (equipment, A/V, catering, etc.), these set-up details need to be entered in the EMS Web App a minimum of 3 business days prior to your event.
- Please remember, all linen and catering orders need to be placed with Bon Appetit directly.
- If you book an event in an academic space before the class schedule is set for that term, your event will be put in a tentative hold status, “Academic Semester Hold.” This status will hold the space; but keep in mind, your event may be relocated depending on the academic room assignments which take priority. The Office of University Events will work with you on a case by case basis.
To assist users with the transition to the new EMS Web App, university events will provide several trainings to provide an overview and address specific user questions. University events will also begin monthly trainings for new employees as well as providing existing users an opportunity to answer specific user questions. You can find the full training schedule here.
If you have any questions about the EMS Web App or need help making reservations please contact university events at x7523 or firstname.lastname@example.org.