Due to budget reprioritizations from TriMet and the University of Portland, the UP Shuttle program will be discontinued as of June 30. Summer shuttle times will be suspended as of June 30 as the University ends its formal agreement with TriMet and Zipcar. TriMet will still have the no. 44 and no. 35 buses servicing the University of Portland campus throughout the day, which will give students, faculty, and staff access to the larger TriMet transit network.
The University will start a new shuttle service program in August to maximize the high ridership times experienced with the previous shuttle service. A newly purchased University minivan will serve as the UP Shuttle. The shuttle will be used during the peak times of need for students, staff, and faculty, but will not compete with the TriMet bus service times.
- The new shuttle service starting in August will operate during the academic year at the following times:
- Friday Evenings from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. to the Interstate MAX station.
- Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. to the Interstate MAX station.
- Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. to Peninsula Fred Meyer and St. Johns.
- Additionally, during the months of August, September and October, the Saturday Shuttle will go to the St. John’s Farmers Market from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The shuttle will operate on the same time schedule as the existing shuttle, departing the Pilot House every 30 minutes when in service. New shuttle schedules will be posted prior to the start of the fall 2013 school year and will be available at public safety and the Pilot House. Contact public safety at 7161 or email@example.com for more information.