The University of Portland’s Shamrock Run team will meet on Tuesday, March 13 for a team meet-up and practice run leaving from the Beauchamp Center at 5:15 p.m. The team will do a team run that is between 2-4 miles. Anyone is welcome to join, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. For more information contact Kaitlin at x7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Outdoor Pursuits Program is pleased to be launching family climbing sessions at the Beauchamp Center climbing wall, according to Nathan Hingley, recreational services. The new sessions are open to all UP staff and faculty who would like to spend an hour climbing with family members.
The sessions will take place on Saturday afternoons from 3 to 4 p.m. on January 27, February 10 and February 24. More will be scheduled following spring break.
Outdoor pursuits will provide all necessary equipment appropriate to the ages required. Children may be belayed by staff or family members if they have completed the climbing wall orientation and belay check-off. Staff and faculty may climb if they have completed climbing wall orientation.
For more information contact Hingley at email@example.com.
The Portland Shamrock Run is fast approaching, and the University of Portland team needs your help. Participants can sign up for any distance. To sign up, go to www.motivrunning.com/shamrock-run-portland/. Under the REGISTER tab, make sure to select TEAM EVENT (vs. individual). After filling in your information, go to the payment page to list your team name as: University of Portland.
As a UP team member, you will receive $4 off the registration fee through January 2018.
For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Beauchamp Center will operate on the following schedule for the University’s Christmas Break, according to Brian Dezzani, recreational services:
- Monday, Dec. 18 – Friday, Dec. 22, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 23, Closed
- Sunday, Dec. 24 – Monday, Jan. 1, Closed
- Tuesday, Jan. 2- Friday, Jan. 5, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 6 – Sunday, Jan. 7, Closed
- Monday, Jan. 8 – Friday, Jan. 12, Closed (Floor refinishing)
- Saturday, Jan. 13, Closed
- Sunday, Jan. 14, 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. (Courts & studios closed)
- Monday, Jan. 15, 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
For more information contact Dezzani at email@example.com.
The Beauchamp Center will be open on the following schedules during the Thanksgiving and Holiday breaks, according to Brian Dezzani, recreational services.
Thanksgiving Break Schedule:
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. (basketball courts unavailable)
- Thursday-Friday, Nov. 24-25, Closed
- Saturday, Nov. 26, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (basketball courts unavailable)
- Sunday, Nov. 27, 12 p.m.-midnight (basketball courts unavailable until evening)
Fall Finals & Holiday Break:
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 15, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 16-17, Closed
- Monday-Friday, Dec. 18-22, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday- Monday, Dec. 23-Jan 1, Closed
- Tuesday-Friday, Jan. 2-5, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 6-7, Closed
- Monday-Tuesday, Jan. 8-9, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. (basketball courts unavailable)
- Wednesday-Friday, Jan. 10-12, Closed due to floor refinishing
- Saturday, Jan. 13, Closed
- Sunday, Jan. 14- 12 p.m.-midnight.
The public safety office will offer a Personal Safety and Awareness class in the Beauchamp Center on Monday, November 13, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., in Studio 30. It is free and open to all and contains very helpful information and tips to increase personal safety. For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at x7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
While visiting the Wellness Fair this week on Wednesday, November 1, please join us in our regular faculty/staff yoga class from 12:05 p.m. to 12:55 p.m., according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Also at the Wellness Fair, Beauchamp Center staff members will be offering cardio and weight room tours and demonstrations every 20 minutes beginning at 11 a.m. They will be happy to help you navigate the facility and take advantage of all it has to offer.
For more information contact Bourne at email@example.com.
All faculty and staff are invited to take advantage of Centering and Invigorating Yoga Classes offered on Monday, October 16 and Wednesday, October 18, at 12:05 p.m., in the Beauchamp Center. Come move with us! For more information contact Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services, at x7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and staff are eligible to participate in intramural sports leagues, according to Brian Dezzani, recreational services. Sports that start soon are kickball, bocce, futsal, table tennis, and sand volleyball. Get your team together or jump on a student team to join the fun. Go to this link to get started.
Fitness Classes at the Beauchamp Recreation and Wellness Center started on August 28. Classes are fee and include several designed for facutly and staff, including cardio express, zumba, and yoga. Additional classes include indoor cycling, meditation, and more. Check the recreational services website at www.up.edu/recservices for the complete schedule. All levels are welcome!