Academic technology services & innovation will be offering a weekly series of “Wednesday Webinars” and “Moodle Mondays” to support faculty who are preparing for hybrid and online instruction this fall. UP faculty can find all session times, details, and RSVP forms on the Hybrid & Online Basecamp Moodle page.
- Wed. 7/15 – Join ATSI interim director Ben Kahn for a session on using Moodle to “Make the Work Visible.” Learners in many online or hybrid courses struggle to understand what is expected of them, when, what they have already completed, and how far they have to go. Moodle has a built-in Activity completion feature to help students understand and plan their workload. Faculty can also get a clearer picture of student progress. In this interactive session we’ll cover basic set-up and best practices.
- Wed. 7/22 – Instructional Design & Technology Specialist will lead this introduction to TechSmith Knowmia (formerly called Relay), a powerful tool for creating asynchronous instructional video. Learn how to create and upload media directly to Moodle, how to make simple edits, create engagement or assessment opportunities with tools like in-video quizzes and conversations, and how to view and interpret video analytics.
- Wed. 7/29 – Are you wary of “Zoom fatigue?” ATSI instructional designer Maria Erb will facilitate this discussion focused on strategies to beat the Zoom blues. We’ll discuss how well-planned asynchronous activities and a class structure that is designed for the online medium can help you create a great learning environment at distance.
- Wed. 8/5 – With final exams slated to be online and de-densified classrooms on campus, please join ATSI for this session on administering assessments via the Moodle Quiz module. We’ll discuss how to create or import questions, review available quiz options, show how to meet accommodation needs, and review the Proctorio digital proctoring tool.
- Moodle Mondays: Mondays starting 7/13 through 8/10 – ATSI technical support specialist Dawn Lloyd will host drop-in “office hours” style sessions for any Moodle questions, queries or how-tos. Faculty can drop in for one-on-one help on Moodle issues large or small.
For more information contact ATSI at email@example.com.