As you head into the summer months and think about the upcoming year, the Moreau Center for Service and Justice would like to invite faculty and staff to consider serving as immersion accompaniers for the 2019-20 academic year. Applications are due by Sunday, September 15 using the online application found here, and Moreau Center staff would like to give ample time to consider this opportunity.
The immersion accompanier role is open to UP faculty or staff members in full-time, exempt positions who have a commitment to service and community engagement, a desire to encourage student formation, and a willingness to live simply while immersed in an extended experience with students. Immersion experiences offered next year are listed below:
- North Portland Civil Rights Immersion
- Rural Immersion (Yakima, WA)
End of Winter Break
- Urban Immersion (Portland)
- Border Immersion (US-Mexico Border)
- Affordable Housing Immersion (Pacific Northwest)
- Environmental Justice Immersion (Portland and Columbia River Gorge)
- Tanzania Immersion (2-3 weeks in May)
- Peru Immersion (2-3 weeks in May)
Any questions can be directed to Tyler Wagner, Moreau Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.