The Faculty Welfare Committee meets this week and welcomes issues from faculty, according to committee chair Bill Barnes.
The Faculty Welfare Committee is the official vehicle whereby policies concerning faculty salary, fringe benefits, and working conditions are to be brought to the University administration. It serves as a negotiating team to work directly with the administrative offices on areas of interest to the entire faculty, and assists faculty members in cases where a particular faculty member might have a problem which does not seem to be taken care of through regular channels.
The Committee’s role in handling any matters brought before it under this consideration will be:
- To inform the faculty member of all the usual channels open to him/her
- To improve communication (if necessary, to bring the parties together for a better understanding of the situation)
- To see if correct procedures and processes are followed and that a report, when appropriate, is made to the Senate.
Faculty who would like the committee’s assistance are asked to contact any member:
- Bill Barnes (chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindi Logan, email@example.com
- Martin Monto, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamar More, email@example.com
- Lara Trout, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaye Wilson-Anderson, email@example.com