The Committee on Committees is now accepting faculty nominations for the 2020-2021 Excellence in Service Award. This award allows the University community to recognize and celebrate outstanding dedication and accomplishment in service. The committee will accept nominations until Monday, February 15, 2021.
Nominations should be submitted to the Service Award Moodle site. Submission of supporting materials by nominees will be due by March 15, 2021.
The service award seeks to identify and recognize faculty members that enhance the UP community, professional communities, and/or the world community through their service and leadership work with students, colleagues, and community members. Examples of excellence in service include:
- A commitment to the University of Portland community
- Participating on department, school, college, and/or University committees
- Leading new initiatives within the department, school, college, and/or University
- Advising student clubs and working with students on non-course-related activities
- Volunteering and working with non-UP community organizations
- Working with professional societies and organizations
Eligibility and selection criteria for the Excellence in Service award are established by the Academic Senate and can be found at the C on C Faculty Awards Criteria and Submission Information page accessed from the Academic Senate resources page.
The selection process includes a formal nomination, the submission of supporting materials by the nominees, final selection by the Committee on Committees, and announcement and presentation at the Faculty Gala.
Contact Mark Meckler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.