According to Shiley School of Engineering professor (and prolific numerical brain teaser author) Aziz Inan, “Sunday, January 10, 2021 marked the 92nd birthday of Portland’s iconic lady and philanthropist Arlene Schnitzer, who made generous donations to many art institutions and activities including Portland’s premier concert hall named after her.
“Schnitzer was born in Salem, Oregon in 1929 and she passed away last year on April 4, 2020, in Portland, Oregon. I constructed the following numerical curiosities in her honor to celebrate her 92nd birthday:
- If Schnitzer’s 92nd birthday, 01/10/2021, is split in the middle as 0110 and 2021, interestingly, the 110th prime number is 601 and twice 601 yields the reverse of 2021.
- If numbers 1 through 26 are assigned to letters A through Z, the sum of the letter numbers of Schnitzer’s maiden name, Director, equals 92.
- The middle two digits of Schnitzer’s birth year is 92.
- Also, 110 equals twice 55 and 55 is the sum of the letters numbers of Arlene.
- Lastly, Schnitzer died on 04/04/2020. If split in the middle as 0404 and 2020, the reverse of 0404, 4040, is twice 2020.
“Happy 92nd birthday, Arlene Schnitzer!”