The Provost’s office would like to remind all faculty members conducting collaborative research with undergraduates this summer that the Deans Council approved a uniform, University-wide protocol for all undergraduate research projects. A list of the items required each semester as part of the protocol can always be found in the Undergraduate Research section of the PilotsUP Forms page. The same information is listed below. Any student receiving a stipend or credit for an undergraduate research project at UP is expected to complete the protocol and faculty members are responsible for informing students of this expectation.
- Learning Agreement This form is completed by both the faculty member and student and needs to be completed only once for each project. The faculty member must complete their portion of this online form first and the student will be sent an email notifying them to complete their portion.
- Responsible Conduct in Research Training New users will need to create a CITI account and affiliate with University of Portland during the registration process to access the course. After creating an account the user must select the appropriate Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) course from the UP course selection menu. Both faculty members and students must complete CITIs RCR course, if they have not done so at a previous time.
- Pre-Experience Survey To be completed by the student during the first week of the project. Only one Pre-Experience Survey is needed for the duration of the project, even if it spans multiple semesters.
- Post-Experience Survey To be completed by the student during the last week of the project each semester.
- Post-Experience Evaluation To be completed by the faculty member at the conclusion of the project each semester.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact John Orr (email@example.com) in the Office of Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement.