The provost’s office is pleased to announce recipients of the Spring 2021 Provost’s Initiative for Undergraduate Research awards. These faculty members have been selected to collaborate with and mentor an undergraduate on a co-designed research experience during the 2021 spring semester:
- Sherry Abbasi, Shiley School of Engineering: “Brain imaging and psychological self-assessment correlation in PTSD patients” with Erik Liu
- Andra Davis, nursing: “Integration of oncology nurse-led telephone support for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy using evidence-based symptom guides into clinical practice” with Cassandra Padgham and Dasha Efremov
- Lara-Zuzan Golesorkhi, political science: “Refugee Women’s Livelihoods in a Global Pandemic” with Trevor Riedmann
- Cara Hersh, English: “No Curtains in Atonement: Early Modern Drama and the Postmodern Novel” with Siena Di Sera
- Andrew Lafrenz, nursing: “The Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Mental and Physical Health in College Students” with Brylee Kiminski
- Jordy Wolfand, Shiley School of Engineering: “Using machine learning to uncover patterns in water quality in the Los Angeles River Watershed” with Anna Tinoco
A reminder to faculty: applications for Summer 2021 Provost’s Initiative for Undergraduate Research awards are available now in PilotsUP on the Undergraduate Research page. Applications for Summer 2021 are due February 15, 2021.