Due to the recent enthusiasm from the UP community and FGEN (First Generation students), Matt Daily has been able to purchase additional FGEN webinar sessions and is now offering them to faculty and staff. Daily proposes to use Fridays as a time to virtually gather as a community, learn together, and possibly debrief or brainstorm ideas. If you haven’t had a chance to watch the sessions on “Jargon,” “Partnering with Parents” and “Imposter Syndrome,” please consider doing so by using this link.
- “Virtual Learning Briefings/Webinar” Schedule and Topics:
- Thursday, July 2, Noon to 1 p.m. (optional group debrief/chat 1-1:30): “NA Moderated Discussion: Fall 2020 First-gen Student Enrollment Considerations”
- Friday, July 1o, Noon to 1 p.m. (optional group debrief/chat 1-1:30): “A Balancing Act: Faculty and First-gen”
- Friday, July 17, Noon to 1 pm (optional group debrief/chat 1-1:30): “Utilizing Social Platforms to Connect with First-gen Students”
- Friday, July 24, Noon to 1 p.m. (optional group debrief/chat 1-1:30): “Validating First Generation Student Experiences Through Transformative Leadership.”
If interested in attending any/all of these sessions, please email Daily at firstname.lastname@example.org for a zoom invitation. Should these time blocks not work for your schedule, Daily will also record each session and make them available.