The Committee on Teaching and Scholarship (TAS) has determined award recipients for the 2015-2016 Butine Faculty Development Fund fall cycle, according to committee chair Aaron Wootton, mathematics. This fall’s Butine award recipients are:
- Bill Curtis, political science: Second European Pragmatism Conference, $500
- Terry Favero, biology: Summer Grant for a Research Transition into Soccer Analytics, $3,000
- Hannah Callender, mathematics: Annual Joint Math Meetings, $1,410
- Patrick Murphy, performing and fine arts: Teaching and Archival Research in Moscow, $3,815
- Nicole Hanig, performing and fine arts: Atelier Lyrique, Paris, $2,295
- Katie O’Reilly, biology: Pacific Seabird Group 43rd Annual Meeting, $2,000
- Chris Lee, mathematics: Summer Grant to Investigate Topological Invariants of Food Webs, $3,000
- Brad Franco, history: Summer Grant to write the first two chapters of a new History of Siena, $3,000
- Cara Hersh, English: New Chaucer Society 2016 Congress, $1,705
- Ami Ahern-Rindell, biology: International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, $2,000
- David Taylor, biology: The Reproductive Biology of Stigmaphyllon Subgenus Ryssopterys, $4,994
- Nicole Auxier, nursing: Job Satisfaction and Retention Among DEU and Traditional Clinical Teachers, $2,250
- Cara Poor, engineering: The Role of Mycelium in Bioretention Systems, $5,000 • Olivia Coiada, engineering: Virtual Instrument for Experimental Studies in Biosignals, $5,000.
For more information, contact Wootton at 7377 or email@example.com.