As a reminder, Multnomah County continues to be in Phase I of State of Oregon COVID-19 requirements, according to Sandy Chung, human resources. More information can be found using this link. All UP employees should continue to work remotely to the maximum extent possible consistent with their job duties. We ask employees to continue to be mindful about following this University direction which is based on the University’s commitment to our community’s wellness and Oregon legal requirements.
Please remember that masks should cover your nose and mouth. If an individual is age 5 years or older, masks, face coverings, or face shields are currently required statewide for:
- All private and public workplaces — for example banks, classrooms, construction sites, offices and meeting rooms — unless someone is alone in an office or in a private workspace.
- Indoor public spaces — for example grocery stores, pharmacies, public transit, personal services providers, restaurants, bars and retail stores.
- Public and private colleges and universities, and private career schools.
- Indoor and outdoor markets and street fairs.
- Outdoor public spaces when physical distancing of at least six feet is not possible.
- Individuals with a disability or medical condition may request accommodation from a business or public space if they cannot wear a mask.
- State website link with mask requirement information.
Please make sure to follow UP’s mask policy which is consistent with Oregon’s statewide mask requirement.
Support available to UP employees includes:
- Campus Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 943-7131
- Employee Assistance Program (free and confidential) – up.edu/hr/benefits/eap, (800) 433-2320
- Human Resources – email@example.com, (503) 943-8484
This primary source of information about COVID-19 as it pertains to the UP community is www.up.edu/coronavirus. It is strongly recommended that employees review the information on the site regularly.
As the University’s vice president for human resources and designated social distancing officer, I welcome your questions and requests for assistance. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (503) 943-8484. Also, anonymous reports or concerns can be shared via this link: www.lighthouse-services.com/up.