International Education Week is here, and from November 16-22, the University of Portland is hosting campus-wide events open to the broader UP community and the public. All during the week, international cuisine will be featured in the Bauccio Commons; photos can be sent using #UPIEW and #IEW2015 for a chance to win $25; and tickets to Riverdance on November 11 can be purchased for $15 through the performing and fine arts department.
- Monday: Celebrate Saudi National Day from 1:30pm-3:30 p.m. at the Bauccio Commons; learn about Saudi Arabia history. Cheer at the internationally-themed Women’s basketball game at 7 p.m. in the Chiles Center.
- Tuesday: Try snacks from around the world from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at international student center; hear Native American stories from storyteller Ed Edmo and eat fry bread from 7-8 p.m. at St. Mary’s; talk about the Pillars of Immigration from 7-9 p.m. at Mago Hunt Recital Hall; and participate in an Islander cook off from 4-6 p.m. at the Bauccio Commons.
- Wednesday: Hear from Barbara Braband, Mike Pelley, Rev. James Gallagher, C.S.C., and Blair Woodward as they discuss what international education means at UP. Panel discussion facilitated by Eduardo Contereras. 5-6 p.m., Terrace Room.
- Thursday: Sushi Workshop (event is full and not accepting reservations). From 6:30-8:30 p.m., visit the Bell Tower for a German Lantern Festival hosted by the German Club. Also, try a variety of French cheeses at 6 p.m. at Buckley Center Room 207.
- Friday: From 6-9 p.m. at the Terrace Room, join Filipino American Student Association and Portland Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines to celebrate and learn more about Filipino history and culture. Filipino cuisine provided.
- Sunday: Riverdance tickets are being sold at the performing and fine arts department for $15. Watch traditional Irish dance at 1 p.m.
For more information contact international student services at email@example.com.