While watching the Summer Olympic games follow the University museum and archives blog for daily posts (August 5-21) featuring amateur athletics on The Bluff which are also sports found at the Summer Olympic games. Posts feature a mix of sports memorabilia from the University museum; athletic photographs from the University archives; and early University Olympians.
- Day 1: First University Olympian
- Day 2: Amateur Athletics: Fencing
- Day 3: Amateur Athletics: Boxing
- Day 4: Amateur Athletics: Archery
- Day 5: John Murphy, Olympian
- Day 6: Amateur Athletics: Weightlifting
- Day 7: Amateur Athletics: Track Shoes
- Day 8: Amateur Athletics: Golf
Return to the museum blog each day through August 21 for the amateur athletics series at this link.
For more information contact Carolyn Connolly, museum coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 8038.