- Mondays – Kickboxing with Madison – Studio 20
- Tuesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee – Studio 30
- Wednesdays – Centering Yoga with Karen – Studio 30
- Thursdays – alternating Yin Yoga with Osel – Studio 30 (starts 8/29) and Rowing with Ryan – Studio 20 (starts 9/5)
- Fridays – Zumba with Brady – Studio 45
Find out more at https://recservices.up.edu/.
All are welcome to check out the Beauchamp Center’s special yoga offerings coming up in July and August, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services:
- Upa Yoga Workshop: Tuesday, July 23, 12:05 to 12:50 p.m., in Studio 20. This session offers simple and powerful yoga postures that generate stability and balance, as well as energy and vitality within the body. Session will utilize a trained instructor and an informational video. No physical agility or prior yoga experience is necessary. Please wear comfortable clothing to accommodate gentle physical movement. Benefits include relieving physical stress and tiredness, strengthening the joints and muscles, and rejuvenation after periods of inactivity. Session will be conducted by Naveen Gudigantala, business, and a trained facilitator.
- Overnight Coastal Camping and Yoga at Cape Lookout State Park: Saturday and Sunday, August 10-11. This short and sweet getaway is designed to be a faculty/staff community builder centered around stress-free camping, refreshing ocean breezes, yoga practice and theory, and good people. It features overnight camping at Cape Lookout State Park, morning yoga on the beach, Dosha quizzes, body scan meditations, and a strong focus on mental and physical wellness. The trip will be led by an OPP trip leader and (if we get enough participants registered before August) our skillful Centering Yoga instructor, Karen Mertens. Food, transportation, and camping gear are all included in the $45 cost. There will be a pre-trip meeting time on Friday, August 9 at 5 p.m. Please note: This is a faculty/staff only trip with the opportunity to bring a partner/spouse. The goal is to help you feel recharged and ready to tackle the next academic year. All you have to do is show up! We will take care of the rest.
The Beauchamp Center is offering a variety of fitness classes for Summer Session II, according to Kaitlin Bourne, recreational services. Faculty/Staff Weightlifting on Tuesday mornings at 7:15 a.m. and Kickboxing on Thursdays at 12:05 p.m. have been a big hit. This week, Weightlifting will take place on Tuesday but there will not be a Kickboxing class on Thursday, as the Beauchamp Center is closed on the 4th of July.
See the newly updated Fitness Schedule for Summer 2019-v3.
For more information contact Bourne at email@example.com.
University of Portland faculty or staff members are eligible to receive 50% off season tickets for the upcoming Pilots soccer season. You can attend all 21 men’s and women’s home soccer games starting at just $45 for general admission bleachers, $70 for bench back seats, and $110 for stadium chairs. Secure your seats to the best college soccer experience in the country by visiting www.portlandpilots.com/tickets and use promo code STAFF or by calling the ticket office at x7525.
The Beauchamp Center is offering a Faculty/Staff Intro to Weightlifting course this summer from a certified Level 1 USA Olympic Weightlifting instructor, according to Kailin Bourne, recreational services. Classes will be geared towards learning the basics of weightlifting and building general strength. There will be four sessions in June and four sessions in July. All classes will take place on Tuesdays in the Beauchamp weight room from 7:15 to 8:15 a.m., beginning on June 4. Please register at https://recservices.up.edu, as spaces are limited.
Please also check out the new class on our fitness schedule for Summer Session no. 1. All classes are open to faculty and staff. Classes include: yoga, cycling, cardio kickboxing, Zumba and Sweaty 20.
Discounts are available to faculty and staff for summer soccer camps located on campus:
- Women’s Soccer Camps: Look here for more information. Use promo code GOPILOTS for a 20 percent discount
- Men’s Soccer Camps: Look here for more information. Use promo code EMPLOYEE for a 20 percent discount
Please note: While members of the UP coaching staff operate summer camps and programs, the summer camps are not University-sponsored programs. The summer camps are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the University of Portland. Authorized use of University of Portland logos and trademarks does not imply an endorsement of the camp or program.
Hey, faculty and staff! This summer the Outdoor Pursuits program has some pretty neat trips for you! The trips and programs are designed for faculty, staff, and alumni to attend. Whether you are looking for a casual day hike or want to learn a new skill such as backpacking, Outdoor Pursuits has got the trips for you. All food, equipment, transportation, and instruction is included with OPP trips.
Pilot baseball fans are encouraged to jam Joe Etzel Field for the final home series versus Pepperdine:
- Friday, May 10, 6 p.m. | $5 Friday
- Saturday, May 11, 6 p.m. | Kids Club Game
- Sunday, May 12, 1 p.m. | Senior Day & Baseballism Raffle
For more information contact athletics at x7117 or go to portlandpilots.com.
Faculty and staff fitness classes will continue in May on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in Studio 30, according to Kaitlin Bourne:
- Mondays –Yoga with Karen, 12:05 p.m. (Please bring your yoga mat)
- Wednesdays – Sweaty 20 with Julee, 12:05 p.m.
- Fridays – Zumba with Brady, 12:05 p.m.
After Memorial Day, we will expand the schedule. For more information contact Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org.