The Pilots rowing team wrapped up their season at Lake Natoma, California, competing in the 2013 West Coast Conference Championships over the weekend of May 18-19. The team, who are in just their second season competing as a NCAA Division I program, finished behind only conference champion Gonzaga and runner-up San Diego. For more information contact athletics at 7117 or go to www.portlandpilots.com.
Make plans to come out to Joe Etzel Field today, Monday May 6, to catch a few (or all nine) innings of baseball as the Pilots return home to take on Washington State University at 3 p.m. The Pilots will then travel to Salem on Wednesday, May 8 to take on Oregon State at Volcanoes Stadium at 5:30 p.m. That’s an easy day trip so show your support for our Pilots on the road. For more information visit PortlandPilots.com or call Jon Brooks at 7431.
The library will switch to its summer intersession schedule starting at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 2. The Terrace Room’s public hours during the intersession week will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Staff will still be working weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and can be contacted by phone or e-mail if you have questions or need something outside of publicly open hours. The full schedule is available at http://tinyurl.com/3cxvc88.
Pilot Kids Camp dates are filling fast—the second session is already full. Please sign up now to secure your child’s spot in camp. Pilot Kids Camps are open to kids entering grades 1-6 as of fall 2013.
- June 17-21, Session 1
- June 24-28 Session 2 (Full)
- August 5-9, Session 3.
For more information, to http://www.up.edu/recservices or email email@example.com.
- Military Appreciation Games: Pilot baseball and the Oregon National Guard will celebrate all who serve our country with their Military Appreciation games. The Pilots take on Loyola Marymount in a three-game series starting on Friday, April 26 at 3 p.m. and continuing on Saturday and Sunday with 1 p.m. games. All active and retired military staff can receive free admission to the games.
- 16th Annual UP Day at Joe Etzel Field, Friday April 26 at 3 p.m. vs. Loyola Marymount. All employees and family members are welcome to attend the game at no charge and also enjoy complimentary hot dogs (vegetarian alternative available as well), chips and soda.
- First Responders Recognition: Come out and join the Pilots on Saturday April 27 at 1 p.m. for a special pre-game recognition of Engine 26 with the Portland Fire Department and University of Portland Public Safety for their contribution to saving the life of a Pilot baseball player earlier this year. All first responders will receive free admission to the game.
- Youth Baseball Day: For the Sunday game of the weekend series the baseball team is hosting a Youth Baseball Day presented by Oregon College Savings. All youth baseball players will receive free admission by wearing their little league or junior baseball jerseys. There will also be a post-game Run the Bases for kids and an Autograph Zone presented by Sunshine Dairy. For more information on Youth Baseball Day, please contact Jon Brooks at 7431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 16th annual UP Day for staff and faculty was rained out on Friday, April 5, so the backup game vs. Loyola Marymount will take place on Friday, April 26, according to Jon Brooks, athletics. The game will start at 3 p.m. at Joe Etzel Field. All employees and family members are welcome to attend the game at no charge and also enjoy complimentary hot dogs (vegetarian alternative available as well), chips, and soda courtesy of Bon Appetit. Please allow as many employees to attend the game as possible.
Come out and support the Pilots baseball team as they return to action for two home games this week against ranked opponents. The action starts on Tuesday when the Pilots take on No. 9 Oregon with a first pitch scheduled for 3 p.m. Then on Wednesday the Pilots take to the field for a match up with No. 7 Oregon State at 3 p.m. Your support could make a huge difference in the outcome of the games, so come out for some exciting baseball action.
The second annual Sam Jam will take place on Tuesday, April 16, at 7:30 p.m., in the Chiles Center. Members of the Pilot men’s and women’s basketball teams will compete in a wheelchair basketball game against the Portland Wheelblazers of Oregon Disability Sports to raise money for Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA). Sam Jam was started by University of Portland student Sam Bridgman, who was diagnosed with Friedreich’s Ataxia when he was 15 years old.
Admission is free, though a $5 donation is recommended at the door. Donations can also be made online at http://tinyurl.com/cq7h76c. Learn more about Sam Bridgman’s story at http://vimeo.com/43579515, or RSVP on Facebook at http://tinyurl.com/cgel3ol.
The 16th Annual UP Day at Joe Etzel Field is scheduled for Friday, April 5, at 3 p.m., when the Pilots take the mound against the visiting Gonzaga Bulldogs. All employees and family members are invited to attend the game at no charge and also enjoy complimentary hot dogs (vegetarian option too), chips and soda. There will also be prizes raffled off every half-inning. Please allow as many employees to attend the game as possible. A rain date is set for Friday, April 26 versus Loyola Marymount. For more information contact Jon Brooks at 7431 or email@example.com.
The Pilots women’s soccer team is scheduled to play host to the Portland Thorns FC on Saturday, March 30 at 7 p.m., for an exhibition match on Merlo Field. The match is a free event and is open to the public with a suggested donation at the door to benefit the Providence Health and Vascular Institute’s Play Smart Young Heart Screening Program. For more information, please visit www.portlandpilots.com.
The Pilots baseball team is set for a 3-game series with Santa Clara starting on Thursday with a scheduled double-header beginning at 11 a.m. The final game of the series will be played on Saturday at 1 p.m. Tickets are still available for all games and can be purchased at the Pilots Box Office or by calling 7525.